Zeleth held the Orb in his hands, gently brushing his thumbs across the clear glass surface. Inside, the green light of the Uneltro followed his thumb like a pup would follow its master’s hand. It seemed so strange, something this small could hold so much power.
A knock at the door.
“Leave me,” Zeleth said, not looking up from the Orb. This was it, this was his ticket to defeat his brother and the damned Kingdom of Olertaei. With an Uneltro in his pocket, he didn’t even need an army. He could destroy legions with a simple wave of his hand. The Uneltro would do what it did best and destroy them all into dust.
This was true power. The power to break his brother, his brother’s kingdom, and make the people kneel to Zeleth instead.
Featured Image by Alice Hampson on Unsplash
- We’re not going that way“Why not?” “Why not?!” Favian’s voice rose another octave, “because I don’t want to die, Renglat. I like all my limbs on me, not in the mouth of some gods forsaken … More We’re not going that way
- Do you recognise this song?“Do you recognise this song?” The words were raspy and barely formed. Marlie moved her head slowly on the bed towards Ranlen, looking up at him through gauzes and bandages. “Do … More Do you recognise this song?
- March of the ValentasAshayra was taller than Miaken expected. He knew that she was from the South, and like all Southeners was always going to be tall, but he did expect her to have … More March of the Valentas
- You can’t re-write history“Stop this!” Vashna screamed, pulling at the ropes around his wrists, “for the sake of yourself, Maynie, you need to stop!” Maynie looked up from the alter, hair askew and magic … More You can’t re-write history
- No way I’m eating that“There is no way on this side of the eleven circles of afterlife I am eating that,” Tanker scrunched his nose up at the proffered sandwich. “Oh come on,” Flanks said … More No way I’m eating that
- No One of Importance“Who are you exactly?” Ratve’s voice broke through the silence around the campfire. He asked what they were all thinking but he was the only one brave enough to actually ask … More No One of Importance