“You have to be calm!” Fretr yelled over the sounds of the storm. Above, lighting cracked overhead in the dark heavy clouds. Henni could feel the rain start hitting her cheek.
She was the storm. She could feel its power thundering through her veins, taking her mind away from the ground and upwards into the swirling mass of energy overhead.
“Calm!” Fretr yelled, tugging at her arm. Henni could feel it, just a little, like a insect bite of pain in the corner of her mind. He had only promised to teach her how to harness the power of the storm if she stayed calm. It was far too dangerous for the village otherwise.
Henni sighed, allowing her mind to drift back to her body, letting go over the storms power. It was intoxicating, that much power. You were almost like one of the gods.
“Good,” Fretr said as Henni’s vision came back slowly. It was only then she realised she was lying down. She could have sworn she had been standing up a few minutes before.
“You,” Fretr said poking Henni in the ribs, “have to learn some restraint.”
Featured Image by Alice Hampson on Unsplash
- We’re not going that way“Why not?” “Why not?!” Favian’s voice rose another octave, “because I don’t want to die, Renglat. I like all my limbs on me, not in the mouth of some gods forsaken … More We’re not going that way
- Do you recognise this song?“Do you recognise this song?” The words were raspy and barely formed. Marlie moved her head slowly on the bed towards Ranlen, looking up at him through gauzes and bandages. “Do … More Do you recognise this song?
- March of the ValentasAshayra was taller than Miaken expected. He knew that she was from the South, and like all Southeners was always going to be tall, but he did expect her to have … More March of the Valentas
- You can’t re-write history“Stop this!” Vashna screamed, pulling at the ropes around his wrists, “for the sake of yourself, Maynie, you need to stop!” Maynie looked up from the alter, hair askew and magic … More You can’t re-write history
- No way I’m eating that“There is no way on this side of the eleven circles of afterlife I am eating that,” Tanker scrunched his nose up at the proffered sandwich. “Oh come on,” Flanks said … More No way I’m eating that
- No One of Importance“Who are you exactly?” Ratve’s voice broke through the silence around the campfire. He asked what they were all thinking but he was the only one brave enough to actually ask … More No One of Importance