“Justice,” Grall whispered into the ear of the corpse, sliding her dagger from the body with ease.
She dropped the body, which had once been Sitter Trin, on the floor. It flopped on top of the other bodies, the other Sitters, that she had dragged into the centre of the floor.
“Is served,” Grall said with a grin. She could feel the blood sticking to her skin as it dried, her clothes were stained black with the Vasea blood. Sitter Been had been a particularly hard kill, Vaseas were always were hard kills.
Whether or not it was right was not the question. These ten Sitters had ordered the burning of her village, they had ordered the deaths of hundreds of people.
All because they didn’t want to negotiate. Grall’s people wanted to negotiate.
They had been murdered as a result.
Grall stepped around the pile of bodies, sheathing her dagger once more. The alarm would be raised soon, no one would miss this.
But then, that was kind of the point.
Grall took one look at the bodies on the floor. They couldn’t tell her no now. They couldn’t tell her that her people deserved to die.
Now they were dead, like her people.
Justice had been done.
Featured Image by Alice Hampson on Unsplash
- Reunited“Can you stop flicking that bloody coin,” Regan said, “it’s annoying.” Chasey flicked the coin up high again, catching it as it fell back towards her hand. “No,” she replied, “it … More Reunited
- We’re not going that way“Why not?” “Why not?!” Favian’s voice rose another octave, “because I don’t want to die, Renglat. I like all my limbs on me, not in the mouth of some gods forsaken … More We’re not going that way
- Do you recognise this song?“Do you recognise this song?” The words were raspy and barely formed. Marlie moved her head slowly on the bed towards Ranlen, looking up at him through gauzes and bandages. “Do … More Do you recognise this song?
- March of the ValentasAshayra was taller than Miaken expected. He knew that she was from the South, and like all Southeners was always going to be tall, but he did expect her to have … More March of the Valentas
- You can’t re-write history“Stop this!” Vashna screamed, pulling at the ropes around his wrists, “for the sake of yourself, Maynie, you need to stop!” Maynie looked up from the alter, hair askew and magic … More You can’t re-write history
- No way I’m eating that“There is no way on this side of the eleven circles of afterlife I am eating that,” Tanker scrunched his nose up at the proffered sandwich. “Oh come on,” Flanks said … More No way I’m eating that