What did it matter, if it didn’t affect Yeshini’s little world?
It was a case of logic. Why worry about the large scale, the wars, the heroes, the approaching enemy, when it didn’t affect you?
So Yeshini kept tending to her garden as her belly grew. Ushe would be back from the village shortly, with the morning’s bread and milk. The journey was too far for her now, her back would begin to ache at the end of the first mile and she could barely cope for the further four.
So she tendered her garden, hearing the news from the passing travellers and trades people. She watched the skies and made her offerings to the gods to protect her family from the oncoming storm.
That was all they could do, in this day and age. Just keep doing what you were doing, until the storm hit you.
After all, if it was already to stop it, why bother worrying about it until it hit their little world.
Featured Image by Alice Hampson on Unsplash
- We’re not going that way“Why not?” “Why not?!” Favian’s voice rose another octave, “because I don’t want to die, Renglat. I like all my limbs on me, not in the mouth of some gods forsaken … More We’re not going that way
- Do you recognise this song?“Do you recognise this song?” The words were raspy and barely formed. Marlie moved her head slowly on the bed towards Ranlen, looking up at him through gauzes and bandages. “Do … More Do you recognise this song?
- March of the ValentasAshayra was taller than Miaken expected. He knew that she was from the South, and like all Southeners was always going to be tall, but he did expect her to have … More March of the Valentas
- You can’t re-write history“Stop this!” Vashna screamed, pulling at the ropes around his wrists, “for the sake of yourself, Maynie, you need to stop!” Maynie looked up from the alter, hair askew and magic … More You can’t re-write history
- No way I’m eating that“There is no way on this side of the eleven circles of afterlife I am eating that,” Tanker scrunched his nose up at the proffered sandwich. “Oh come on,” Flanks said … More No way I’m eating that
- No One of Importance“Who are you exactly?” Ratve’s voice broke through the silence around the campfire. He asked what they were all thinking but he was the only one brave enough to actually ask … More No One of Importance