“You think that there is anything at the end?” Richa asked as the ship docked into the port. Outside, the stars shone in the blue sky, sparkling with the bright reds and greens that were natural to this world. Somewhere, out there, was home. His home.
“Nah,” Keiz said, shrugging her shoulders as she hefted her gun onto her shoulder, “why you think they send us? For a nice holiday?”
“I wish,” Richa said. That would be unlikely, as unlikely as Keiz dying her hair anything other than electric blue colour.
“You love it really,” Keiz said, smashing her glove into the door release, smirking at Richa as she pulled her mask down over her head, “ready to go cause some chaos brother?”
Featured Image by Alice Hampson on Unsplash
- We’re not going that way“Why not?” “Why not?!” Favian’s voice rose another octave, “because I don’t want to die, Renglat. I like all my limbs on me, not in the mouth of some gods forsaken … More We’re not going that way
- Do you recognise this song?“Do you recognise this song?” The words were raspy and barely formed. Marlie moved her head slowly on the bed towards Ranlen, looking up at him through gauzes and bandages. “Do … More Do you recognise this song?
- March of the ValentasAshayra was taller than Miaken expected. He knew that she was from the South, and like all Southeners was always going to be tall, but he did expect her to have … More March of the Valentas
- You can’t re-write history“Stop this!” Vashna screamed, pulling at the ropes around his wrists, “for the sake of yourself, Maynie, you need to stop!” Maynie looked up from the alter, hair askew and magic … More You can’t re-write history
- No way I’m eating that“There is no way on this side of the eleven circles of afterlife I am eating that,” Tanker scrunched his nose up at the proffered sandwich. “Oh come on,” Flanks said … More No way I’m eating that
- No One of Importance“Who are you exactly?” Ratve’s voice broke through the silence around the campfire. He asked what they were all thinking but he was the only one brave enough to actually ask … More No One of Importance