Sub-Plots are a key part of any story, especially a fantasy one. You have to keep a careful eye on how many you have and what purpose they are serving in order to keep a handle on your story.
This month in my newsletter Writing on Caffeine, I’ll be looking at why Sub-Plots are so important, and my top tips for handling them in your writing! Not yet signed up? You can subscribe to my monthly newsletter by clicking the button below!
Not yet signed up? You can subscribe to my monthly newsletter by clicking the button below!
Featured Image by Max Saeling on Unsplash
- Away from the Keyboard – May ThoughtsMay has been taken up with other things other than writing. Good, happy, positive things, that have kept me busier than ever and have turned my world upside down. But it has meant my focus has been … More Away from the Keyboard – May Thoughts
- Edits and UpcyclingIt’s been a while since I’ve written a novel update, mostly because it’s been a while since I’ve sat down and focussed some time on my novel. For me, beginnings of a story take a number (and … More Edits and Upcycling
- Why Your Writing Goals are ImportantI do love a good goal. I particularly enjoy setting goals, even if I know they are overly ambitious and slightly ridiculous. Here are my three reasons why writing goals are as important as ever: 1) Goals … More Why Your Writing Goals are Important
- Life can get illogical, and that’s okay – April ThoughtsThis month has been a month of frustration, tears and joy. It’s been a lesson in patience, a lesson in bring flexible, and a lesson in life. There are many things in life that we can control … More Life can get illogical, and that’s okay – April Thoughts
- Why writing is a great hobbyGet a hobby, people say. Normally roughly around the time when you’ve sighed about work and not having much to do at the weekend. But then, finding a hobby is easier said than done. Especially when you’re … More Why writing is a great hobby
- March UpdateThis month has been a month of exploring new ways of trying to write. I’ve got some new noise cancelling headphones, and in an attempt to try and change up how and where I write, I’ve been … More March Update