Sub-Plots are a key part of any story, especially a fantasy one. You have to keep a careful eye on how many you have and what purpose they are serving in order to keep a handle on your story.
This month in my newsletter Writing on Caffeine, I’ll be looking at why Sub-Plots are so important, and my top tips for handling them in your writing! Not yet signed up? You can subscribe to my monthly newsletter by clicking the button below!
Not yet signed up? You can subscribe to my monthly newsletter by clicking the button below!
- September Wrap UpSeptember has come and gone in the blink of an eye. For me, September has been a month of trying to get back into doing normal things, following August throwing me off my pattern. Exercise, self-care and … More September Wrap Up
- My Thoughts on “The Rings of Power”Normally, I try and have my opinion pieces about books that I’ve read. However, this month, books have not been read. My lack of commuting over the summer has meant my progress with kindle reading on the … More My Thoughts on “The Rings of Power”
- Summer’s EndAugust is always a month of re-set. Even though I am long past the educational systems’ September-September year, there always is this sensation of starting a new cycle at the end of August. In some ways, it’s … More Summer’s End
- Finishing the Farseer Trilogy – my thoughts on Assassin’s QuestThe last book in the Farseer Trilogy we weave our way to the conclusion of Fitz’ quest to find Verity, who has been lost in the mountains since the end of book 1. I really enjoyed the … More Finishing the Farseer Trilogy – my thoughts on Assassin’s Quest
- July ThoughtsJuly has rushed past in a flash, like most summer months. I’ve spent it being quite creative, but not with my writing. Gardening, baking and new sewing projects have all taken up my focus and time this … More July Thoughts
- Royal Assassin – Continuing my read through of the Farseer TrilogySecond books in trilogies sometimes struggle to find their own rhythm. They tend to be a bridging story – taking the characters from the start of their story towards were the dramatic conclusion is. The second book … More Royal Assassin – Continuing my read through of the Farseer Trilogy