Warmth. A kind warmth not the beating heat of a desert but the gentle caress of sunshine on your skin. Birds humming in the treetops, some loudly singing as they wing their way through the clear blue sky above.
It brings with it a sense of belonging. A sensce of presence. Because sunshine demands that you are present when you are under it’s gaxze. You cannot drift off or drift backwards into the past when the heat is keeping you here, now, today.
It’s a reminder that not all things are bad. That some things are good. That the very simple of things can be wonderful.
- Shattered Sands (From the Archives)Dany looked at the shattered pieces of pot on the floor and smiled. The Sand Pot that had dictated her movements her whole life lay in pieces on the floor. “You little-” her mother … More Shattered Sands (From the Archives)
- Make Your Reality (Monday Inspiration)You can make your dream into a reality. You can work towards it, day by day, until each tiny little change that you make, each tiny adjustment in your course, points you towards your … More Make Your Reality (Monday Inspiration)
- Northern Winds (From the Archives)“Put me down here,” Wilal said. The attendants did as he wished, laying the palanquin gently onto the ground. Wilal could smell the Northern Winds from here, the top of Lastmount Ridge. The salty … More Northern Winds (From the Archives)
- Don’t Burn Out (Monday Inspiration)Passion projects are intoxicating because they are so involved. You can be sucked into them and loose all sense of space and time. It is just you and the words, and your act of … More Don’t Burn Out (Monday Inspiration)
- The Night of the Eighteenth“Magic,” he said, sipping his drink,” is just another kind of force. Like the weather, or a good cup of tea.” The wizard smiled over the rim of his teacup at Aredria. She held … More The Night of the Eighteenth
- A Bit Too TiredThis month can be summarised with one phrase: I am so f**cking tired. I intended to use September as an achievement month. A time to set myself a ridiculous 30k word goal and go … More A Bit Too Tired