Warmth. A kind warmth not the beating heat of a desert but the gentle caress of sunshine on your skin. Birds humming in the treetops, some loudly singing as they wing their way through the clear blue sky above.
It brings with it a sense of belonging. A sensce of presence. Because sunshine demands that you are present when you are under it’s gaxze. You cannot drift off or drift backwards into the past when the heat is keeping you here, now, today.
It’s a reminder that not all things are bad. That some things are good. That the very simple of things can be wonderful.
- Reunited“Can you stop flicking that bloody coin,” Regan said, “it’s annoying.” Chasey flicked the coin up high again, catching it as it fell back towards her hand. “No,” she replied, “it helps me think.” … More Reunited
- September Wrap UpSeptember has come and gone in the blink of an eye. For me, September has been a month of trying to get back into doing normal things, following August throwing me off my pattern. … More September Wrap Up
- My Thoughts on “The Rings of Power”Normally, I try and have my opinion pieces about books that I’ve read. However, this month, books have not been read. My lack of commuting over the summer has meant my progress with kindle … More My Thoughts on “The Rings of Power”
- Dawning Realisation (From the Archives)Penrif sighed into his hands. There was simply no other way. He had spent the entire night trying to find another way. But no matter how he looked at it, whichever way he … More Dawning Realisation (From the Archives)
- Tips for Planning your Project – Writing on CaffeineDon’t forget that this month in my newsletter, Writing on Caffeine, I’m looking at how to plan your project – when to do it, why it’s important and some top tips for your own … More Tips for Planning your Project – Writing on Caffeine
- Halcyon (From the Archives)Xeen remembered those days, before all this. Before the power started going. Before the food began running out. Before before. A time when he would run in the street with his friends, scales … More Halcyon (From the Archives)