Warmth. A kind warmth not the beating heat of a desert but the gentle caress of sunshine on your skin. Birds humming in the treetops, some loudly singing as they wing their way through the clear blue sky above.
It brings with it a sense of belonging. A sensce of presence. Because sunshine demands that you are present when you are under it’s gaxze. You cannot drift off or drift backwards into the past when the heat is keeping you here, now, today.
It’s a reminder that not all things are bad. That some things are good. That the very simple of things can be wonderful.
- A Blessing in Disguise (Monday Inspiration)Sometimes life throws a curveball you didn’t expect or want. And sometimes, just sometimes, it could be the thing you needed all along.
- The Otherworlds (From the Archives)Fyerik groaned, holding her head in her hands as she threw up into the bucket again. “Do I really have to try again?” she groaned, sipping the fruit tea that Hyacken had put next … More The Otherworlds (From the Archives)
- Writing on Caffeine – April EditionThis month in my newsletter, Writing on Caffeine, I’m talking about Antagonists– why they’re important, how you should approach them, and what benefits you can get by considering them as a wholly rounded character. … More Writing on Caffeine – April Edition
- How To: Writing the AntagonistSo why are antagonists important? I think every writer ponders this question at some point during their creative project. I personally find myself pondering this during the editing stage, when the first draft is … More How To: Writing the Antagonist
- Make it Happen (Monday Inspiration)You are the only one who can make your dreams a reality. So make it happen.
- Where did that go?So my end of March blog post has become a start of April blog post. Which seems to summarise how March has gone, quite frankly. March is one of those months, every years, almost … More Where did that go?