Warmth. A kind warmth not the beating heat of a desert but the gentle caress of sunshine on your skin. Birds humming in the treetops, some loudly singing as they wing their way through the clear blue sky above.
It brings with it a sense of belonging. A sensce of presence. Because sunshine demands that you are present when you are under it’s gaxze. You cannot drift off or drift backwards into the past when the heat is keeping you here, now, today.
It’s a reminder that not all things are bad. That some things are good. That the very simple of things can be wonderful.
- I can do this (Monday Inspiration)Remind yourself: I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. If you don’t believe in yourself then who will? So repeat after me: I can do this.
- Slow and SteadyThe last two months of writing have been… slow, to say the least. It’s been a tough section to try and get through in the book, mostly around trying to get three key plot … More Slow and Steady
- The Basics of a Fantasy StoryThe fantasy genre may be a vast, magical landscape, but there are always three core areas of any fantasy story that are key – worldbuilding, magic systems, and themes. If you’ve always wanted to … More The Basics of a Fantasy Story
- How To: EndingsEndings of a story have a special place in my writerly heart. Finding the right ending to a story, especially a longer project that I’ve been working on for a while, is a large … More How To: Endings
- Try again Today (Monday Inspiration)It’s not about winning, it’s about trying. It’s showing up, even though the last writing session knocked you back. Or the last rejection made you cry. It’s about standing up, dusting yourself off and … More Try again Today (Monday Inspiration)
- Quarantine (From the Archives)Day 45. Day 45 started much the same as Day 44 and Day 43. Both boring days, with no interlude aside from when the food was un-ceremoniously shoved through the access slot next to … More Quarantine (From the Archives)