Warmth. A kind warmth not the beating heat of a desert but the gentle caress of sunshine on your skin. Birds humming in the treetops, some loudly singing as they wing their way through the clear blue sky above.
It brings with it a sense of belonging. A sensce of presence. Because sunshine demands that you are present when you are under it’s gaxze. You cannot drift off or drift backwards into the past when the heat is keeping you here, now, today.
It’s a reminder that not all things are bad. That some things are good. That the very simple of things can be wonderful.
- Why Writing Goals are ImportantI do love a good goal. I particularly enjoy setting goals, even if I know they are overly ambitious and slightly ridiculous. Despite the current chaos of the world, here are my three reasons … More Why Writing Goals are Important
- Look Inward (Monday Inspiration)Feelings, when described, can fall flat. So instead look inward. See how you felt and reacted to that emotion and ask yourself why. Then use that for your characters.
- Defeated (From the Archives)“I can’t,” Tenae whimpered, barely able to hold the cup in his hands. The potion spilt out the sides, hissing at is hit his skin. Pena reached out with a gloved hand and holding … More Defeated (From the Archives)
- Writing on Caffeine – January EditionThis month in my newsletter, Writing on Caffeine, I’m talking about Main Characters. You know, the ones we pick to tell our story, then they grow whole personalities and take the plot careering off … More Writing on Caffeine – January Edition
- See the Sky (Monday Inspiration)See the sky, the grey weight of winter hanging heavy above.Hear the birds signing in the treetops above.Watch the world pass you by.When you’re needing inspiration, look outside and describe what you can see.
- How To: Choosing Main CharactersI’ve previously written about choosing a POV for your story, and how many POVs you want to use in your story. This month, as my first topic for my new newsletter, I’m picking a … More How To: Choosing Main Characters