Warmth. A kind warmth not the beating heat of a desert but the gentle caress of sunshine on your skin. Birds humming in the treetops, some loudly singing as they wing their way through the clear blue sky above.
It brings with it a sense of belonging. A sensce of presence. Because sunshine demands that you are present when you are under it’s gaxze. You cannot drift off or drift backwards into the past when the heat is keeping you here, now, today.
It’s a reminder that not all things are bad. That some things are good. That the very simple of things can be wonderful.
First posted in 2018. || Image Credit: Photo by Alice Hampson on Unsplash
- Away from the Keyboard – May ThoughtsMay has been taken up with other things other than writing. Good, happy, positive things, that have kept me busier than ever and have turned my world upside down. But it has meant my … More Away from the Keyboard – May Thoughts
- Edits and UpcyclingIt’s been a while since I’ve written a novel update, mostly because it’s been a while since I’ve sat down and focussed some time on my novel. For me, beginnings of a story take … More Edits and Upcycling
- The RunnersWinya dropped her bags on the floor. The metal floor rung out as the heavy bags slammed into the floor. Winya winced. Rugs, then, Winya thought, looking around her tiny apartment. The apartments on … More The Runners
- Why Your Writing Goals are ImportantI do love a good goal. I particularly enjoy setting goals, even if I know they are overly ambitious and slightly ridiculous. Here are my three reasons why writing goals are as important as … More Why Your Writing Goals are Important
- Sundown Sky“Reminds you of home, doesn’t it?” Canath remarked, kicking their legs under them. In front of them, the great City of Naithe burned into smolders, leaving trailing smoke floating high into the sky. The … More Sundown Sky
- Choosing industries in your worldbuilding – Writing on CaffeineThis month in my newsletter, Writing on Caffeine, I am going to talk about different industries in your world and how you can use them to shape your worldbuilding. After all, how your world … More Choosing industries in your worldbuilding – Writing on Caffeine