Minria peered out of the crack in the door. She could see the daylight streaming through the gap, illuminating the dust motes of their hide out.
Three months Below had been tough. She’d dreamt of this day every night, the ability to go outside and see the sky once more. Feel the sun on her skin.
“You ready?” Canat asked next to her.
“Have been since we got locked down here,” Minria replied.
She slid her fingers into the crack, pulling the door open further. A gap large enough for her to slip through.
And then she stepped into the daylight.
- Reclaiming Ara’bantheFathie pulled her headphones over her ears. The noise of the city, the thrum of the cars and the rhythmic thudding of footfalls were drowned out in an instant. Breathe, she told … More Reclaiming Ara’banthe
- The Document (A Teacup Story)“You got it?” Fethna asked as Nattali got into the car. “Ye of little faith,” Nattali said, pulling out the folder from under her jacket. It hadn’t been a particularly hard lift, … More The Document (A Teacup Story)
- New Love (A Teacup Story)“So,” Iuen asked, “what do you think?” Ealia looked over at Iuen. Part of her wondered absently if he would ever get the grass stains out of his grey officers robes. Maybe … More New Love (A Teacup Story)
- After the Battle (A Teacup Story)“How are you doing, now?” Yinla asked. Oaleth poked the fire with the end of a stick. The smoke curled upwards into the night sky. “That’s a loaded question,” he replied, looking … More After the Battle (A Teacup Story)
- Daylight (100 Words)Minria peered out of the crack in the door. She could see the daylight streaming through the gap, illuminating the dust motes of their hide out. Three months Below had been tough. … More Daylight (100 Words)
- Peace (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)“What do you think?” Ilyen asked, taking another bite out of his dinner. The burrito juice dribbled out of the end of the paper wrapping, spilling onto the metal of the car. … More Peace (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)