Minria peered out of the crack in the door. She could see the daylight streaming through the gap, illuminating the dust motes of their hide out.
Three months Below had been tough. She’d dreamt of this day every night, the ability to go outside and see the sky once more. Feel the sun on her skin.
“You ready?” Canat asked next to her.
“Have been since we got locked down here,” Minria replied.
She slid her fingers into the crack, pulling the door open further. A gap large enough for her to slip through.
And then she stepped into the daylight.
- You can’t re-write history“Stop this!” Vashna screamed, pulling at the ropes around his wrists, “for the sake of yourself, Maynie, you need to stop!” Maynie looked up from the alter, hair askew and magic wild … More You can’t re-write history
- No way I’m eating that“There is no way on this side of the eleven circles of afterlife I am eating that,” Tanker scrunched his nose up at the proffered sandwich. “Oh come on,” Flanks said next … More No way I’m eating that
- No One of Importance“Who are you exactly?” Ratve’s voice broke through the silence around the campfire. He asked what they were all thinking but he was the only one brave enough to actually ask the … More No One of Importance
- Remember (but I can’t)“Remember when we said we’d first come here?” Sanra shouted in her mother’s ear over the roar of the waterfall in front of them. One of the original homes of the Coven, … More Remember (but I can’t)
- The Return of the Green Witch (Flash Fiction)“If these are your fabled ruins,” Unlana remarked, “I’m disappointed.” Ewani ignored her captors remarks, drinking in the sight before her. The ancient stones still stood in tall columns, towering towards the … More The Return of the Green Witch (Flash Fiction)
- Why did you say that? (Flash Fiction)“Why did you say that?” Tanee paused, wiping the knife on his sleeve. “What?” he whispered, “about the prophecy being bullshit? You and I both know we can’t live our lives in … More Why did you say that? (Flash Fiction)