“You’d have thought that this would be worse,” Tino said, prodding the edge of the lake with a stick. The seaweed was thick, too thick to support life. The whole lakes ecosystem had been killed for nothing more than shiny rocks.
“It could have been worse,” Marei said, pulling out the robots from the back of the truck, “if they hadn’t put in the protective measures first.”
“Thank god for those,” Tino sighed, prodding the seaweed a final time. It was a two year mission to clear up the lake.
And that was being optimistic.
- They Don’t Own You (100 Words)There are many what ifs. Many maybes. A few near misses, a few but what about- All of them are meaningless. They’re not real. They’re conjecture, a thought … More They Don’t Own You (100 Words)
- The Document (A Teacup Story)“You got it?” Fethna asked as Nattali got into the car. “Ye of little faith,” Nattali said, pulling out the folder from under her jacket. It hadn’t been … More The Document (A Teacup Story)
- New Love (A Teacup Story)“So,” Iuen asked, “what do you think?” Ealia looked over at Iuen. Part of her wondered absently if he would ever get the grass stains out of his … More New Love (A Teacup Story)
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. Wisdom can be granted even without full … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)
- After the Battle (A Teacup Story)“How are you doing, now?” Yinla asked. Oaleth poked the fire with the end of a stick. The smoke curled upwards into the night sky. “That’s a loaded … More After the Battle (A Teacup Story)
- Daylight (100 Words)Minria peered out of the crack in the door. She could see the daylight streaming through the gap, illuminating the dust motes of their hide out. Three months … More Daylight (100 Words)