“You’d have thought that this would be worse,” Tino said, prodding the edge of the lake with a stick. The seaweed was thick, too thick to support life. The whole lakes ecosystem had been killed for nothing more than shiny rocks.
“It could have been worse,” Marei said, pulling out the robots from the back of the truck, “if they hadn’t put in the protective measures first.”
“Thank god for those,” Tino sighed, prodding the seaweed a final time. It was a two year mission to clear up the lake.
And that was being optimistic.
- The Joining Payment“We’ve got 10 minutes until the alarm goes off.” Fezula didn’t look concerned. She was never concerned about this. “Fine,” she replied, “let’s get to work.” She held … More The Joining Payment
- Can’t Do It“I can’t do it,” Felruza slammed her fist against the table. Why was it so damn hard? Why could everyone else do this one simple thing and she … More Can’t Do It
- Like the Sky at Sundown“You’re orange,” A bit of a state-the-obvious comment from Ryan. Cassie wiped the orange blood of her blade and sheathed her weapon. Monster blood never made for a … More Like the Sky at Sundown
- Reclaiming Ara’bantheFathie pulled her headphones over her ears. The noise of the city, the thrum of the cars and the rhythmic thudding of footfalls were drowned out in an … More Reclaiming Ara’banthe
- They Don’t Own You (100 Words)There are many what ifs. Many maybes. A few near misses, a few but what about- All of them are meaningless. They’re not real. They’re conjecture, a thought … More They Don’t Own You (100 Words)
- The Document (A Teacup Story)“You got it?” Fethna asked as Nattali got into the car. “Ye of little faith,” Nattali said, pulling out the folder from under her jacket. It hadn’t been … More The Document (A Teacup Story)