“You’d have thought that this would be worse,” Tino said, prodding the edge of the lake with a stick. The seaweed was thick, too thick to support life. The whole lakes ecosystem had been killed for nothing more than shiny rocks.
“It could have been worse,” Marei said, pulling out the robots from the back of the truck, “if they hadn’t put in the protective measures first.”
“Thank god for those,” Tino sighed, prodding the seaweed a final time. It was a two year mission to clear up the lake.
And that was being optimistic.
- You can’t re-write history“Stop this!” Vashna screamed, pulling at the ropes around his wrists, “for the sake of yourself, Maynie, you need to stop!” Maynie looked up from the alter, hair … More You can’t re-write history
- No way I’m eating that“There is no way on this side of the eleven circles of afterlife I am eating that,” Tanker scrunched his nose up at the proffered sandwich. “Oh come … More No way I’m eating that
- No One of Importance“Who are you exactly?” Ratve’s voice broke through the silence around the campfire. He asked what they were all thinking but he was the only one brave enough … More No One of Importance
- Remember (but I can’t)“Remember when we said we’d first come here?” Sanra shouted in her mother’s ear over the roar of the waterfall in front of them. One of the original … More Remember (but I can’t)
- The Return of the Green Witch (Flash Fiction)“If these are your fabled ruins,” Unlana remarked, “I’m disappointed.” Ewani ignored her captors remarks, drinking in the sight before her. The ancient stones still stood in tall … More The Return of the Green Witch (Flash Fiction)
- Why did you say that? (Flash Fiction)“Why did you say that?” Tanee paused, wiping the knife on his sleeve. “What?” he whispered, “about the prophecy being bullshit? You and I both know we can’t … More Why did you say that? (Flash Fiction)