“You’d have thought that this would be worse,” Tino said, prodding the edge of the lake with a stick. The seaweed was thick, too thick to support life. The whole lakes ecosystem had been killed for nothing more than shiny rocks.
“It could have been worse,” Marei said, pulling out the robots from the back of the truck, “if they hadn’t put in the protective measures first.”
“Thank god for those,” Tino sighed, prodding the seaweed a final time. It was a two year mission to clear up the lake.
And that was being optimistic.
- We’re not going that way“Why not?” “Why not?!” Favian’s voice rose another octave, “because I don’t want to die, Renglat. I like all my limbs on me, not in the mouth of … More We’re not going that way
- Do you recognise this song?“Do you recognise this song?” The words were raspy and barely formed. Marlie moved her head slowly on the bed towards Ranlen, looking up at him through gauzes … More Do you recognise this song?
- March of the ValentasAshayra was taller than Miaken expected. He knew that she was from the South, and like all Southeners was always going to be tall, but he did expect … More March of the Valentas
- You can’t re-write history“Stop this!” Vashna screamed, pulling at the ropes around his wrists, “for the sake of yourself, Maynie, you need to stop!” Maynie looked up from the alter, hair … More You can’t re-write history
- No way I’m eating that“There is no way on this side of the eleven circles of afterlife I am eating that,” Tanker scrunched his nose up at the proffered sandwich. “Oh come … More No way I’m eating that
- No One of Importance“Who are you exactly?” Ratve’s voice broke through the silence around the campfire. He asked what they were all thinking but he was the only one brave enough … More No One of Importance