Yailn watched the candle flicker on the end of the bath, letting her thoughts wander.
The week had been hard. Watching the world turn to dust outside as she just did boring mundane work. Sometimes she wished there was a higher calling she could answer to, a nobler cause.
But there wasn’t, not for her.
She’d done what she’d could. She’d donated to the people who could change the world. She’d vocalised her support –
And now, she needed to save herself.
Which meant sitting in a bath, watching the candle slowly burn, whilst trying to find her place in the world.
- No way I’m eating that“There is no way on this side of the eleven circles of afterlife I am eating that,” Tanker scrunched his nose up at the proffered sandwich. “Oh … More No way I’m eating that
- No One of Importance“Who are you exactly?” Ratve’s voice broke through the silence around the campfire. He asked what they were all thinking but he was the only one brave … More No One of Importance
- Northern Winds (From the Archives)“Put me down here,” Wilal said. The attendants did as he wished, laying the palanquin gently onto the ground. Wilal could smell the Northern Winds from here, … More Northern Winds (From the Archives)
- Not anywhereDead Dead. Not alive. Not here. Not anywhere that I can perceive. Just. Not here. What does that mean for life, when death is so swift and … More Not anywhere
- New DayEach day is an unknown. It doesn’t feel like an unknown. You can have plans, have thoughts, have things to do. But each day is an unknown. … More New Day
- Reclaiming Ara’bantheFathie pulled her headphones over her ears. The noise of the city, the thrum of the cars and the rhythmic thudding of footfalls were drowned out in … More Reclaiming Ara’banthe