Yailn watched the candle flicker on the end of the bath, letting her thoughts wander.
The week had been hard. Watching the world turn to dust outside as she just did boring mundane work. Sometimes she wished there was a higher calling she could answer to, a nobler cause.
But there wasn’t, not for her.
She’d done what she’d could. She’d donated to the people who could change the world. She’d vocalised her support –
And now, she needed to save herself.
Which meant sitting in a bath, watching the candle slowly burn, whilst trying to find her place in the world.
- They Don’t Own You (100 Words)There are many what ifs. Many maybes. A few near misses, a few but what about- All of them are meaningless. They’re not real. They’re conjecture, a … More They Don’t Own You (100 Words)
- Rain (100 Words)Outside, the rain lashed down onto the windowpane. It’s almost calming, watching the calamity of the storm outside. It’s out there, and you’re in here. In that … More Rain (100 Words)
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. Wisdom can be granted even without … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)
- After the Battle (A Teacup Story)“How are you doing, now?” Yinla asked. Oaleth poked the fire with the end of a stick. The smoke curled upwards into the night sky. “That’s a … More After the Battle (A Teacup Story)
- Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)Flowers can teach us a lot. They can teach us about what it takes to grow. That you have to be fed with the basics of human … More Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)
- Candle (100 Words)Yailn watched the candle flicker on the end of the bath, letting her thoughts wander. The week had been hard. Watching the world turn to dust outside … More Candle (100 Words)