Yailn watched the candle flicker on the end of the bath, letting her thoughts wander.
The week had been hard. Watching the world turn to dust outside as she just did boring mundane work. Sometimes she wished there was a higher calling she could answer to, a nobler cause.
But there wasn’t, not for her.
She’d done what she’d could. She’d donated to the people who could change the world. She’d vocalised her support –
And now, she needed to save herself.
Which meant sitting in a bath, watching the candle slowly burn, whilst trying to find her place in the world.
- New DayEach day is an unknown. It doesn’t feel like an unknown. You can have plans, have thoughts, have things to do. But each day is an unknown. … More New Day
- Reclaiming Ara’bantheFathie pulled her headphones over her ears. The noise of the city, the thrum of the cars and the rhythmic thudding of footfalls were drowned out in … More Reclaiming Ara’banthe
- They Don’t Own You (100 Words)There are many what ifs. Many maybes. A few near misses, a few but what about- All of them are meaningless. They’re not real. They’re conjecture, a … More They Don’t Own You (100 Words)
- Rain (100 Words)Outside, the rain lashed down onto the windowpane. It’s almost calming, watching the calamity of the storm outside. It’s out there, and you’re in here. In that … More Rain (100 Words)
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. Wisdom can be granted even without … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)
- After the Battle (A Teacup Story)“How are you doing, now?” Yinla asked. Oaleth poked the fire with the end of a stick. The smoke curled upwards into the night sky. “That’s a … More After the Battle (A Teacup Story)