And just like that, the end of August arrives.
Despite having been out of the September/September school year for quite a few years now, there is still a sense of renewal at the end of August. September still holds that refreshing newsness even if it no longer holds the excited nerves of starting a new school year.
August has been a busy month for everything but writing. We’ve been suffering with the loss of one of our dear kitties last month, and throwing ourselves into the ongoing DIY projects at home. Between that, my writer’s block for Assassins 1, and my rather hectic work schedule, writing has taken somewhat of a back foot this month.
One of the things I have been finding the time for is my flashfiction challenge #storiesonatheme. I’ve been posting stories daily since July, and the last one was posted yesterday (!). You can find all the stories here, and below is a collection of the themes for this year’s stories!
Those of you who receive my newsletter would have already received a reminder about my next quarterly newsletter coming to your inboxes on September 26th. Make sure you save the date in your calendars!
This edition will have:
- Assassins 1 updates
- A special “How To” post on all things GDPR.
- A selection of my favourite #storiesonatheme posts
- A Feature on one of my previous blogs
- Suggested Autumn reads from my flash fiction and short stories archive
Don’t forget as a subscriber to my newsletter you get free access to my short fantasy story “The Gateway to Arieum”.
Not yet signed up? Pop your email in the box below!
What else has Alex been up to?
Not much! Lockdown might have been lifted but lockdown life continues. However, I have been enjoying some new music courtesy of Taylor Swift, and have (finally!) finished Dark.
I’ve really enjoyed Taylor Swift’s new folkore album. I’ve always been a lover of indie music, especially for quiet writing moments when you want something to evoke emotion within characters. My particular favourites are illicit affirs and mad woman.
A short blog this month, but I am hoping Autumn shall bring some more writing progress and further growth of my writing craft and more stories for you to read!
Featured Image Credit: Julian Hochgesan on Unsplash
- My Thoughts on “The Rings of Power”Normally, I try and have my opinion pieces about books that I’ve read. However, this month, books have not been read. My lack of commuting over the summer has meant … More My Thoughts on “The Rings of Power”
- Summer’s EndAugust is always a month of re-set. Even though I am long past the educational systems’ September-September year, there always is this sensation of starting a new cycle at the … More Summer’s End
- Finishing the Farseer Trilogy – my thoughts on Assassin’s QuestThe last book in the Farseer Trilogy we weave our way to the conclusion of Fitz’ quest to find Verity, who has been lost in the mountains since the end … More Finishing the Farseer Trilogy – my thoughts on Assassin’s Quest