The world, really, is small.
It takes less than a day to fly to the other side of it. It takes barely a heartbeat to send messages across the internet to people all over the world.
“Far away” doesn’t exist anymore. Sure, it is not where you live geographically, but it is not far away. It is not to be ignored. It is not to be considered so far removed from your reality that it does not matter.
The world is small, really small.
Remind yourself of this.
- Smoking Remnants (From the Archives)Ia looked down on the smoking remains of their village. Even from up here, in the safety of the mountains, she … More Smoking Remnants (From the Archives)
- My Thoughts on An Echo of Things to ComeWhen I started An Echo of Things to Come by James Islington, I was certain of two things. Firstly, reading a … More My Thoughts on An Echo of Things to Come
- Writing On Caffeine – Worldbuilding and PlantsDon’t forget that this month in my newsletter, Writing on Caffeine, I’m talking all about how to build the natural world … More Writing On Caffeine – Worldbuilding and Plants
- Why you need to go outsideIf you are active on any kind of social media, you are likely to see photos of beautiful writing setups, cosy … More Why you need to go outside
- Reborn (From the Archives)Gerald purred against Lily as she stroked him gently. For once the normally crazy cat was subdued, exhausted from staying up … More Reborn (From the Archives)
- Top Tips for creating power structures in your fantasy booksIdentifying how power works in your world is important because, let’s be honest, power is what drives society. Who has it, … More Top Tips for creating power structures in your fantasy books