The world, really, is small.
It takes less than a day to fly to the other side of it. It takes barely a heartbeat to send messages across the internet to people all over the world.
“Far away” doesn’t exist anymore. Sure, it is not where you live geographically, but it is not far away. It is not to be ignored. It is not to be considered so far removed from your reality that it does not matter.
The world is small, really small.
Remind yourself of this.
- Temple of Ukla (From the Archives)“Can you not pray away the rain?” Zivami asked as he paced around the table in the centre of the tent. … More Temple of Ukla (From the Archives)
- Winter Evening ThoughtsSomehow it’s already three days into December, and it’s only now I’ve realised I had yet to write a monthly blog … More Winter Evening Thoughts
- Expel (From the Archives)Nainea held on tightly to her copper badge, curling up around it to stop them taking it off her. The cave … More Expel (From the Archives)
- Why you should read The Shadow of What was LostThe other month, I ventured back into the bowels of a Bookshop for the first time since Lockdown. I say the … More Why you should read The Shadow of What was Lost
- Be Kind to You (Monday Inspiration)Writing is a creative hobby that is both individual and isolating. And there is a beauty in that, the individuality of … More Be Kind to You (Monday Inspiration)
- Writing On Caffeine – Writing Food and DrinkThis month in my newsletter, Writing on Caffeine, I’m looking at worldbuilding again – and this time it’s food and drink! … More Writing On Caffeine – Writing Food and Drink