The world, really, is small.
It takes less than a day to fly to the other side of it. It takes barely a heartbeat to send messages across the internet to people all over the world.
“Far away” doesn’t exist anymore. Sure, it is not where you live geographically, but it is not far away. It is not to be ignored. It is not to be considered so far removed from your reality that it does not matter.
The world is small, really small.
Remind yourself of this.
- Stories (and your stories) are importantThe other day I finally got around to watching Hannah Gadsby’s most excellent one hour Netflix special Nanette. I’d already watched … More Stories (and your stories) are important
- Writing On Caffeine – Power and PoliticsThis month in my newsletter, Writing on Caffeine, I’m looking at worldbuilding, and in particular how to create power structures in … More Writing On Caffeine – Power and Politics
- The World of “What If”What if there were dragons? What if there weren’t dragons? I was having a rather in depth conversation the other day … More The World of “What If”
- Let’s try something new (Monday Inspiration)You don’t always need the same project all the time. If your current creative project is stalling, give yourself permission to … More Let’s try something new (Monday Inspiration)
- Learnings from my (Not) travelsBack in 2019, I spoke about what I learnt from travelling around Asia, and then what I learnt around travelling to … More Learnings from my (Not) travels
- Before (From the Archives)“It was all so good,” Tristan sighed, into his drink “before you lot got involved.” The bodies didn’t talk back. They … More Before (From the Archives)