The world, really, is small.
It takes less than a day to fly to the other side of it. It takes barely a heartbeat to send messages across the internet to people all over the world.
“Far away” doesn’t exist anymore. Sure, it is not where you live geographically, but it is not far away. It is not to be ignored. It is not to be considered so far removed from your reality that it does not matter.
The world is small, really small.
Remind yourself of this.
- Pace Yourself (Monday Inspiration)You can’t do everything all of the time. You have to pace yourself. Take one thing at a time. And it’s … More Pace Yourself (Monday Inspiration)
- Writing is the ChallengeFebruary has rushed away from me, taking with it the dregs of winter. We finally have sight of spring on the … More Writing is the Challenge
- Slide (From the Archives)It’s not a breaking of a bond, but more a loosening. You see it, at first. The distance that has grown … More Slide (From the Archives)
- Don’t Forget to Read (Monday Inspiration)Don’t forget to read widely. Stories you like, stories you hate, stories like your own project, stories completely different to your … More Don’t Forget to Read (Monday Inspiration)
- Why writing novels is like baking sourdoughI spent a significant part of 2020 learning to bake sourdough. Like most people in the UK, when lockdown was first … More Why writing novels is like baking sourdough
- The Journey takes Time (Monday Inspiration)Every journey has its own timeframe. Every journey has its own route. Every journey has its own purpose. Your journey for … More The Journey takes Time (Monday Inspiration)