The world, really, is small.
It takes less than a day to fly to the other side of it. It takes barely a heartbeat to send messages across the internet to people all over the world.
“Far away” doesn’t exist anymore. Sure, it is not where you live geographically, but it is not far away. It is not to be ignored. It is not to be considered so far removed from your reality that it does not matter.
The world is small, really small.
Remind yourself of this.
- Give yourself Space (Monday Inspiration)Your writing space doesn’t have to be big. It doesn’t have to be a separate space. It could be something as … More Give yourself Space (Monday Inspiration)
- Planet (From the Archives)“Would you look at that,” Zeeta said from the cockpit. The spaceshuttle arced gracefully downwards towards Planet 34-5, known in previous … More Planet (From the Archives)
- A time of Doing ThingsWhenever I look at the month of July on my writing wordcount spreadsheet, it is always a lower number, without fail, … More A time of Doing Things
- I can do this (Monday Inspiration)Remind yourself: I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. If you don’t believe in yourself then … More I can do this (Monday Inspiration)
- Slow and SteadyThe last two months of writing have been… slow, to say the least. It’s been a tough section to try and … More Slow and Steady
- The Basics of a Fantasy StoryThe fantasy genre may be a vast, magical landscape, but there are always three core areas of any fantasy story that … More The Basics of a Fantasy Story