To travel is to push the experience of your life outside of the limits of your childhood home. It allows you to see the world through the eyes of people you do not know.
Places you visit, different from your own, that teaches you respect of other’s ways of life. It shows you new ways of thinking, new ways of living, and lessons you can take home to add to your routines.
It punctuates a life otherwise spent in a monotony of work, sleep, weekend. It gives you the chance to be someone different, to be braver and fearless instead of wrapped in layers of anxiety.
The experiences you have will all meld together in your mind. The ones you experience when you travel will be no different.
So search wide, search far, and keep challenging yourself to visit new places.
You never know, you might learn something new.
- Traits of a Turned“You don’t understand me” he said, head in his hands, “you can’t see inside my head.” Amily sighed at her brother. He was in a sorry state, not that she would tell him … More Traits of a Turned
- Reunited“Can you stop flicking that bloody coin,” Regan said, “it’s annoying.” Chasey flicked the coin up high again, catching it as it fell back towards her hand. “No,” she replied, “it helps me … More Reunited
- We’re not going that way“Why not?” “Why not?!” Favian’s voice rose another octave, “because I don’t want to die, Renglat. I like all my limbs on me, not in the mouth of some gods forsaken creature.” Renglat … More We’re not going that way
- Do you recognise this song?“Do you recognise this song?” The words were raspy and barely formed. Marlie moved her head slowly on the bed towards Ranlen, looking up at him through gauzes and bandages. “Do you recognise … More Do you recognise this song?
- March of the ValentasAshayra was taller than Miaken expected. He knew that she was from the South, and like all Southeners was always going to be tall, but he did expect her to have to stoop … More March of the Valentas
- You can’t re-write history“Stop this!” Vashna screamed, pulling at the ropes around his wrists, “for the sake of yourself, Maynie, you need to stop!” Maynie looked up from the alter, hair askew and magic wild in … More You can’t re-write history
Don’t forget to sign up to my quarterly newsletter to get access to my latest short story “The Gateway to Arieum“.