To travel is to push the experience of your life outside of the limits of your childhood home. It allows you to see the world through the eyes of people you do not know.
Places you visit, different from your own, that teaches you respect of other’s ways of life. It shows you new ways of thinking, new ways of living, and lessons you can take home to add to your routines.
It punctuates a life otherwise spent in a monotony of work, sleep, weekend. It gives you the chance to be someone different, to be braver and fearless instead of wrapped in layers of anxiety.
The experiences you have will all meld together in your mind. The ones you experience when you travel will be no different.
So search wide, search far, and keep challenging yourself to visit new places.
You never know, you might learn something new.
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. Wisdom can be granted even without full knowledge of the facts. I … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)
- After the Battle (A Teacup Story)“How are you doing, now?” Yinla asked. Oaleth poked the fire with the end of a stick. The smoke curled upwards into the night sky. “That’s a loaded question,” he replied, looking up … More After the Battle (A Teacup Story)
- Daylight (100 Words)Minria peered out of the crack in the door. She could see the daylight streaming through the gap, illuminating the dust motes of their hide out. Three months Below had been tough. She’d … More Daylight (100 Words)
- Candle (100 Words)Yailn watched the candle flicker on the end of the bath, letting her thoughts wander. The week had been hard. Watching the world turn to dust outside as she just did boring mundane … More Candle (100 Words)
- The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)You write for the younger you. For the younger you who always dreamed but never believed you really could. For the younger you who wished with all of her heart to create a … More The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- Future – (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)It’s impossible to know what the future will hold. It’s impossible to ascribe a value to that future – a good or bad, a right or wrong. Because it’s not known. You can’t … More Future – (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
Don’t forget to sign up to my quarterly newsletter to get access to my latest short story “The Gateway to Arieum“.