“What do you think?” Francesca said, holding up a tiny little elephant. It screamed “Tourist souvenir”, which her mother would hate, but Francesca didn’t care. It was small enough to fit in her luggage home.
“An elephant?” Rachel replied, “but we didn’t see elephants?”
“Yeh, but it’s cute,” Francesca replied.
“You said that about the teddy at the airport in Singapore,” Rachel said.
Francesca rolled her eyes.
“You know my feelings on teddies,” she replied.
Rachel smiled, poking Francesca in the stomach.
“Strong, always purchasing,” she grinned, “come on, let’s get the elephant. He can sit next to the rabbit from the States-”
“He?” Francesca pretended to be insulted, “you know this elephant is a she, and her name is…”
She paused, holding the little souvenir up in front of Rachel.
“Fine, let’s get Martha the elephant,” she said, “then lunch. I’m starving.”
- Time for a ChangeLooking back over the past few months, all my monthly blogs have started with a sense of amazement that another month has … More Time for a Change
- Question Everything (Monday Inspiration)Question why is the world the way it is? Reflect it, consider it, use it. Questions asking why mean your story starts … More Question Everything (Monday Inspiration)
- Sunshine (From the Archives)Warmth. A kind warmth not the beating heat of a desert but the gentle caress of sunshine on your skin. Birds humming … More Sunshine (From the Archives)
- It Will Be Worth It (Monday Inspiration)Your story will be worth it. It’ll be worth the struggle Worth the fight. Worth the frustration. It’ll be worth it, in … More It Will Be Worth It (Monday Inspiration)
- Music and Wine (From the Archives)Nelly sipped on her wine, curled upon the sofa as her speakers gently played out tunes across the room. It was quiet, … More Music and Wine (From the Archives)
- Find a Balance (Monday Inspiration)Everything is about balance. Not about juggling in a furious attempt to keep everything in the air. Not giving up on your … More Find a Balance (Monday Inspiration)