“What do you think?” Francesca said, holding up a tiny little elephant. It screamed “Tourist souvenir”, which her mother would hate, but Francesca didn’t care. It was small enough to fit in her luggage home.
“An elephant?” Rachel replied, “but we didn’t see elephants?”
“Yeh, but it’s cute,” Francesca replied.
“You said that about the teddy at the airport in Singapore,” Rachel said.
Francesca rolled her eyes.
“You know my feelings on teddies,” she replied.
Rachel smiled, poking Francesca in the stomach.
“Strong, always purchasing,” she grinned, “come on, let’s get the elephant. He can sit next to the rabbit from the States-”
“He?” Francesca pretended to be insulted, “you know this elephant is a she, and her name is…”
She paused, holding the little souvenir up in front of Rachel.
“Fine, let’s get Martha the elephant,” she said, “then lunch. I’m starving.”
- I can do this (Monday Inspiration)Remind yourself: I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. If you don’t believe in yourself then who … More I can do this (Monday Inspiration)
- Slow and SteadyThe last two months of writing have been… slow, to say the least. It’s been a tough section to try and get … More Slow and Steady
- The Basics of a Fantasy StoryThe fantasy genre may be a vast, magical landscape, but there are always three core areas of any fantasy story that are … More The Basics of a Fantasy Story
- How To: EndingsEndings of a story have a special place in my writerly heart. Finding the right ending to a story, especially a longer … More How To: Endings
- Try again Today (Monday Inspiration)It’s not about winning, it’s about trying. It’s showing up, even though the last writing session knocked you back. Or the last … More Try again Today (Monday Inspiration)
- Quarantine (From the Archives)Day 45. Day 45 started much the same as Day 44 and Day 43. Both boring days, with no interlude aside from … More Quarantine (From the Archives)