“What do you think?” Francesca said, holding up a tiny little elephant. It screamed “Tourist souvenir”, which her mother would hate, but Francesca didn’t care. It was small enough to fit in her luggage home.
“An elephant?” Rachel replied, “but we didn’t see elephants?”
“Yeh, but it’s cute,” Francesca replied.
“You said that about the teddy at the airport in Singapore,” Rachel said.
Francesca rolled her eyes.
“You know my feelings on teddies,” she replied.
Rachel smiled, poking Francesca in the stomach.
“Strong, always purchasing,” she grinned, “come on, let’s get the elephant. He can sit next to the rabbit from the States-”
“He?” Francesca pretended to be insulted, “you know this elephant is a she, and her name is…”
She paused, holding the little souvenir up in front of Rachel.
“Fine, let’s get Martha the elephant,” she said, “then lunch. I’m starving.”
- Shattered Sands (From the Archives)Dany looked at the shattered pieces of pot on the floor and smiled. The Sand Pot that had dictated her movements her … More Shattered Sands (From the Archives)
- Make Your Reality (Monday Inspiration)You can make your dream into a reality. You can work towards it, day by day, until each tiny little change that … More Make Your Reality (Monday Inspiration)
- Northern Winds (From the Archives)“Put me down here,” Wilal said. The attendants did as he wished, laying the palanquin gently onto the ground. Wilal could smell … More Northern Winds (From the Archives)
- Don’t Burn Out (Monday Inspiration)Passion projects are intoxicating because they are so involved. You can be sucked into them and loose all sense of space and … More Don’t Burn Out (Monday Inspiration)
- The Night of the Eighteenth“Magic,” he said, sipping his drink,” is just another kind of force. Like the weather, or a good cup of tea.” The … More The Night of the Eighteenth
- A Bit Too TiredThis month can be summarised with one phrase: I am so f**cking tired. I intended to use September as an achievement month. … More A Bit Too Tired