New Places breathe life into an existence of routine. New Places gives you a place to dream about, a place to be excited about.
A place to go to, physically, to see. Whether by foot, or car, or plane, it gives a place that is different to your normal. A different place to reflect on you, without the trappings of the routine that is your day to day life.
New Places can be scary. Others can be a joy to visit. Both give you a chance to breathe in deeply and ask yourself what it is you want from your life.
- They Don’t Own You (100 Words)There are many what ifs. Many maybes. A few near misses, a few but what about- All of them are meaningless. They’re not real. They’re conjecture, a thought … More They Don’t Own You (100 Words)
- Rain (100 Words)Outside, the rain lashed down onto the windowpane. It’s almost calming, watching the calamity of the storm outside. It’s out there, and you’re in here. In that moment, … More Rain (100 Words)
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. Wisdom can be granted even without full … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)
- After the Battle (A Teacup Story)“How are you doing, now?” Yinla asked. Oaleth poked the fire with the end of a stick. The smoke curled upwards into the night sky. “That’s a loaded … More After the Battle (A Teacup Story)
- Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)Flowers can teach us a lot. They can teach us about what it takes to grow. That you have to be fed with the basics of human needs … More Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)
- Candle (100 Words)Yailn watched the candle flicker on the end of the bath, letting her thoughts wander. The week had been hard. Watching the world turn to dust outside as … More Candle (100 Words)
Don’t forget to sign up to my quarterly newsletter to get access to my latest short story “The Gateway to Arieum“.