New Places breathe life into an existence of routine. New Places gives you a place to dream about, a place to be excited about.
A place to go to, physically, to see. Whether by foot, or car, or plane, it gives a place that is different to your normal. A different place to reflect on you, without the trappings of the routine that is your day to day life.
New Places can be scary. Others can be a joy to visit. Both give you a chance to breathe in deeply and ask yourself what it is you want from your life.
- Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)Flowers can teach us a lot. They can teach us about what it takes to grow. That you have to be fed with the basics of human needs … More Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)
- Candle (100 Words)Yailn watched the candle flicker on the end of the bath, letting her thoughts wander. The week had been hard. Watching the world turn to dust outside as … More Candle (100 Words)
- The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)You write for the younger you. For the younger you who always dreamed but never believed you really could. For the younger you who wished with all of … More The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- Future – (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)It’s impossible to know what the future will hold. It’s impossible to ascribe a value to that future – a good or bad, a right or wrong. Because … More Future – (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- Peace (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)“What do you think?” Ilyen asked, taking another bite out of his dinner. The burrito juice dribbled out of the end of the paper wrapping, spilling onto the … More Peace (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- New Day (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)Sun bursts through the curtains. You wake up, eyes still full of sleep and head still full of dreams. You slowly recognise it is morning as you roll … More New Day (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
Don’t forget to sign up to my quarterly newsletter to get access to my latest short story “The Gateway to Arieum“.