Sometimes I think I can hear you in whispers. In the wind through the trees or the rustle of grass. In the crumple of paper or the bell on a bike.
In that moment I forget you’re not here. In that moment I think hey you’re home and I look up and see-
And then the next moment I realise again. I remember. I cry.
I know the whispers will never go away. Those moments I forget will never stop happening. I know the hole will never really go away.
I like to think you send those whispers from wherever you are now. That you want me to know you’re okay up there. That you’re not alone. That you’re at peace and having wonderful adventures.
- Time for a ChangeLooking back over the past few months, all my monthly blogs have started with a sense of amazement that another month has come and gone. Lockdown continues, and so does work from … More Time for a Change
- Question Everything (Monday Inspiration)Question why is the world the way it is? Reflect it, consider it, use it. Questions asking why mean your story starts to grow a life of it’s own. Take on new … More Question Everything (Monday Inspiration)
- Sunshine (From the Archives)Warmth. A kind warmth not the beating heat of a desert but the gentle caress of sunshine on your skin. Birds humming in the treetops, some loudly singing as they wing their … More Sunshine (From the Archives)
- It Will Be Worth It (Monday Inspiration)Your story will be worth it. It’ll be worth the struggle Worth the fight. Worth the frustration. It’ll be worth it, in the end.
- Music and Wine (From the Archives)Nelly sipped on her wine, curled upon the sofa as her speakers gently played out tunes across the room. It was quiet, and it was perfect. It was just how she liked … More Music and Wine (From the Archives)
- Find a Balance (Monday Inspiration)Everything is about balance. Not about juggling in a furious attempt to keep everything in the air. Not giving up on your dreams because you feel like that time has passed. It’s … More Find a Balance (Monday Inspiration)