Sometimes I think I can hear you in whispers. In the wind through the trees or the rustle of grass. In the crumple of paper or the bell on a bike.
In that moment I forget you’re not here. In that moment I think hey you’re home and I look up and see-
And then the next moment I realise again. I remember. I cry.
I know the whispers will never go away. Those moments I forget will never stop happening. I know the hole will never really go away.
I like to think you send those whispers from wherever you are now. That you want me to know you’re okay up there. That you’re not alone. That you’re at peace and having wonderful adventures.
- Reunited“Can you stop flicking that bloody coin,” Regan said, “it’s annoying.” Chasey flicked the coin up high again, catching it as it fell back towards her hand. “No,” she replied, “it helps … More Reunited
- September Wrap UpSeptember has come and gone in the blink of an eye. For me, September has been a month of trying to get back into doing normal things, following August throwing me off … More September Wrap Up
- My Thoughts on “The Rings of Power”Normally, I try and have my opinion pieces about books that I’ve read. However, this month, books have not been read. My lack of commuting over the summer has meant my progress … More My Thoughts on “The Rings of Power”
- Dawning Realisation (From the Archives)Penrif sighed into his hands. There was simply no other way. He had spent the entire night trying to find another way. But no matter how he looked at it, whichever … More Dawning Realisation (From the Archives)
- Tips for Planning your Project – Writing on CaffeineDon’t forget that this month in my newsletter, Writing on Caffeine, I’m looking at how to plan your project – when to do it, why it’s important and some top tips for … More Tips for Planning your Project – Writing on Caffeine
- Halcyon (From the Archives)Xeen remembered those days, before all this. Before the power started going. Before the food began running out. Before before. A time when he would run in the street with his … More Halcyon (From the Archives)