Sometimes I think I can hear you in whispers. In the wind through the trees or the rustle of grass. In the crumple of paper or the bell on a bike.
In that moment I forget you’re not here. In that moment I think hey you’re home and I look up and see-
And then the next moment I realise again. I remember. I cry.
I know the whispers will never go away. Those moments I forget will never stop happening. I know the hole will never really go away.
I like to think you send those whispers from wherever you are now. That you want me to know you’re okay up there. That you’re not alone. That you’re at peace and having wonderful adventures.
- I can do this (Monday Inspiration)Remind yourself: I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. If you don’t believe in yourself then who will? So repeat after me: I can do this.
- Slow and SteadyThe last two months of writing have been… slow, to say the least. It’s been a tough section to try and get through in the book, mostly around trying to get three … More Slow and Steady
- The Basics of a Fantasy StoryThe fantasy genre may be a vast, magical landscape, but there are always three core areas of any fantasy story that are key – worldbuilding, magic systems, and themes. If you’ve always … More The Basics of a Fantasy Story
- How To: EndingsEndings of a story have a special place in my writerly heart. Finding the right ending to a story, especially a longer project that I’ve been working on for a while, is … More How To: Endings
- Try again Today (Monday Inspiration)It’s not about winning, it’s about trying. It’s showing up, even though the last writing session knocked you back. Or the last rejection made you cry. It’s about standing up, dusting yourself … More Try again Today (Monday Inspiration)
- Quarantine (From the Archives)Day 45. Day 45 started much the same as Day 44 and Day 43. Both boring days, with no interlude aside from when the food was un-ceremoniously shoved through the access slot … More Quarantine (From the Archives)