Sometimes I think I can hear you in whispers. In the wind through the trees or the rustle of grass. In the crumple of paper or the bell on a bike.
In that moment I forget you’re not here. In that moment I think hey you’re home and I look up and see-
And then the next moment I realise again. I remember. I cry.
I know the whispers will never go away. Those moments I forget will never stop happening. I know the hole will never really go away.
I like to think you send those whispers from wherever you are now. That you want me to know you’re okay up there. That you’re not alone. That you’re at peace and having wonderful adventures.
- Traditional vs Self Publishing (Opinion Blog)First published as part of my Summer Newsletter 2020 – if you’re not signed up to my quarterly newsletters, click here! This month I’ve spent some time researching about publishing, agents, and … More Traditional vs Self Publishing (Opinion Blog)
- Delusion (From the Archives)A sickening twisted, warped view of the world. That you are right. That the world is wrong. That even worse, the world owes you something. And when you don’t get it? Well, … More Delusion (From the Archives)
- Daylight (100 Words)Minria peered out of the crack in the door. She could see the daylight streaming through the gap, illuminating the dust motes of their hide out. Three months Below had been tough. … More Daylight (100 Words)
- Trust (Monday Inspiration)Trust your talent. Trust your passion. Trust your dreams. Trust yourself.
- End of Times (From the Archives)Bethes sighed as he breathed in the steam from the bowl in front of him. Every time he said it would be the last time, but then it happened again. And again. … More End of Times (From the Archives)
- Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)Flowers can teach us a lot. They can teach us about what it takes to grow. That you have to be fed with the basics of human needs before you can truly … More Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)