Rain hammered around them. Another storm, this one would hopefully pass quickly.
In that moment, Rantia did not feel the rain smacking into her shoulders and soaking her clothes. She was lost in her memories, of happier times, of a home that was full of love and joy and wonder.
“You ready?” Veran’s voice crackled over the mike in Rantia’s ear.
Ranita placed her gloved hand on the handle of the door. It was broken, the door was already hanging off its hinges, but she did it anyway. A sign of respect.
They had searched for so long for this place. The place that Rantia could barely remember apart from the feelings of joy.
Now it was derelict. The roof had caved in with the force of the storms. The windows were smash, some even boarded up. Ranita wondered who had done that.
But coming back here would give her clues. Clues as to why her father had left. Clues as to why she could not remember.
Clues that might save them all.
“Yes,” Rantia said, wrapping her hand around the door handle.
Then, she pushed the door open.
- They Don’t Own You (100 Words)There are many what ifs. Many maybes. A few near misses, a few but what about- All of them are meaningless. They’re not real. They’re conjecture, a thought that has no … More They Don’t Own You (100 Words)
- The Document (A Teacup Story)“You got it?” Fethna asked as Nattali got into the car. “Ye of little faith,” Nattali said, pulling out the folder from under her jacket. It hadn’t been a particularly hard … More The Document (A Teacup Story)
- New Love (A Teacup Story)“So,” Iuen asked, “what do you think?” Ealia looked over at Iuen. Part of her wondered absently if he would ever get the grass stains out of his grey officers robes. … More New Love (A Teacup Story)
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. Wisdom can be granted even without full knowledge of the … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)
- After the Battle (A Teacup Story)“How are you doing, now?” Yinla asked. Oaleth poked the fire with the end of a stick. The smoke curled upwards into the night sky. “That’s a loaded question,” he replied, … More After the Battle (A Teacup Story)
- Daylight (100 Words)Minria peered out of the crack in the door. She could see the daylight streaming through the gap, illuminating the dust motes of their hide out. Three months Below had been … More Daylight (100 Words)