Home is a place from which you can launch yourself and your ideas into the world.
It’s a safe space. It’s your space. Every wall, every floor, everything in it is all yours. You control your space, you control your life.
It doesn’t matter if it’s big or small home. It doesn’t matter if it’s made out of bricks and mortar or a place or a person.
Home is more than all of those things. Its your stamp on the world and the place you can retreat to when the world is violent and harsh.
Home is here, with your family. Your family, the family you’ve created and kept and curated over the years. It’s your pets, it’s your friends, it’s your lovers, it’s your siblings, your parents, anyone.
And it’s all yours.
- World (Stories on a Theme – “Travel”)The world, really, is small. It takes less than a day to fly to the other side of it. It takes barely a heartbeat to send … More World (Stories on a Theme – “Travel”)
- Whisper (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)Sometimes I think I can hear you in whispers. In the wind through the trees or the rustle of grass. In the crumple of paper or … More Whisper (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Vulnerable (Stories on a Theme – “Weak”)To be vulnerable is to pull back your rib cage and reveal your beating heart beneath it. To show your true self with every facet of … More Vulnerable (Stories on a Theme – “Weak”)
- Umbrella – “Stories on a Theme” (Rainfall)[Stories on a Theme – a weekly theme that I use as a spring board for short stories over the weekend. Catch up with the posts … More Umbrella – “Stories on a Theme” (Rainfall)
- The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)You write for the younger you. For the younger you who always dreamed but never believed you really could. For the younger you who wished with … More The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- The Appointment (Teacup Story – Flash Fiction)“So,” the Manager said, “I believe we have an appointment.” Chela smiled, thinly at the Manager. No one knew her name, her real name. It was … More The Appointment (Teacup Story – Flash Fiction)