It’s not just yelling “I love you” across the room.
(Although, it does help).
It’s a love that flows like the air flows through the sky. It twists around your home, filling every crevasse with its gentle touch. You can feel it when you pause and breathe in deeply. It tastes of cakes and ice cream, sweet and gentle, filling up your soul with joy.
It’s an ideal you strive towards. It’s the light you look up to when you have your darkest of days that you use as your beacon to crawl out of the hole again. It’s the choice to show up and try again, every day, for yourself and for every member of your little family.
It’s the gentle kindness you adopt when every fibre of your being wants to give in to the roar of anger. It’s trying even in the hardest of times.
It’s showing up and trying to be better, do better, and live better. For you, and your family.
- Under the Arches (Teacup Story)“Do you have it?” Lauren nodded, hand still tucked inside her jacket. It might not seem much, this little tin box full of blue … More Under the Arches (Teacup Story)
- Trick (Stories on a Theme – “Magic”)“See this?” It was the watch that always got their attention. People seemed to gravitate to the huge face, the sparkly dials and the … More Trick (Stories on a Theme – “Magic”)
- Tiola’s Bay (Stories on a Theme – “Sea”)“Docked, Captain!” Captain Elaya Truthwatch tipped the edge of her hat at her First Mate, Rodgers, to acknowledge the information. “We’re here for five … More Tiola’s Bay (Stories on a Theme – “Sea”)
- The Unathe (Stories on a Theme – “Magic”)Athery played a solitary note on his flute. The smoke at the centre of the room quivered, just slightly. The magic hung heavy in … More The Unathe (Stories on a Theme – “Magic”)
- The Schism Sea (Stories on a Theme – “Sea”)Daneli sat at the bow of the ship, looking out on the horizon. The Schism Sea was vast, she had known that already. She … More The Schism Sea (Stories on a Theme – “Sea”)
- The Runners (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)Winya dropped her bags on the floor. The metal floor rung out as the heavy bags slammed into the floor. Winya winced. Rugs, then, … More The Runners (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)