You see what I want you to see.
You see the façade that I create every morning with my hair and my makeup and my clothes. You see the person that you want to see, not the one who I am.
Because it’s safe, behind the illusion. It is the illusion that is judged, not you. It is the illusion that has hateful things flung at it, not you.
But the illusion is not really you. It’s not your true self, your true image.
One day, you hope you can drop the illusion. One day, you can be your true authentic self in front of others.
- Not TodayThere are times that we remember the position the world has for us. The position that the world deems us to be in. The forced posture, the sucked in waist, … More Not Today
- Not anywhereDead Dead. Not alive. Not here. Not anywhere that I can perceive. Just. Not here. What does that mean for life, when death is so swift and random. How can … More Not anywhere
- New DayEach day is an unknown. It doesn’t feel like an unknown. You can have plans, have thoughts, have things to do. But each day is an unknown. Treat it as … More New Day
- They Don’t Own You (100 Words)There are many what ifs. Many maybes. A few near misses, a few but what about- All of them are meaningless. They’re not real. They’re conjecture, a thought that has … More They Don’t Own You (100 Words)
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. Wisdom can be granted even without full knowledge of … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)
- Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)Flowers can teach us a lot. They can teach us about what it takes to grow. That you have to be fed with the basics of human needs before you … More Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)