Love is an emotion that is layered in the human heart.
It grows between people, between friends, between family. It comes in may forms, it sees many faces, but it is a gentle act of kindness.
A delicate promise. An I care about you, and an I promise to look after you.
When the world falls apart, your world, the whole world, our world, falls apart, love can be crushed. It can be crushed under anger, under hatred, under ignorance.
But it cannot be destroyed.
Because whilst love is delicate, it still flourishes in the darkest of times. It persists in the hearts of those who cultivate it and who pass it on. It flourishes in the fire of trying times and it forces the humans that make up this world to do better.
To be better.
Love is delicate, but it is not weak. It is the strongest ties that bind us all in a commonality which can never be truly destroyed.
Only if you look. And you learn.
And you listen.
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. Wisdom can be granted even without full knowledge … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)
- Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)Flowers can teach us a lot. They can teach us about what it takes to grow. That you have to be fed with the basics of human needs before … More Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)
- Candle (100 Words)Yailn watched the candle flicker on the end of the bath, letting her thoughts wander. The week had been hard. Watching the world turn to dust outside as she … More Candle (100 Words)
- The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)You write for the younger you. For the younger you who always dreamed but never believed you really could. For the younger you who wished with all of her … More The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- Future – (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)It’s impossible to know what the future will hold. It’s impossible to ascribe a value to that future – a good or bad, a right or wrong. Because it’s … More Future – (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- Peace (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)“What do you think?” Ilyen asked, taking another bite out of his dinner. The burrito juice dribbled out of the end of the paper wrapping, spilling onto the metal … More Peace (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)