“I like it here,” Janya said, pulling Trean’s arm around her, “it’s nice.”
Trean hummed in agreement. Here, there was the only sound of the sea to lull them to sleep. Janya especially, a sea witch, needed to be near the sea to allow her magic to work. Trean’s own magic was not linked to the land or the sea, but the starlight from the nights sky.
“Yeh,” he replied, pressing a kiss to the top of Janya’s head. Here, they could both thrive. They had a clear sky at night for Trean to make the amulets to sell to the local traders and they had the sea for Janya to chant the waves to calm to allow passing ships to get into the ports in the North.
It’s perfect, Trean thought, pulling Janya close, perfect for us.
- They Don’t Own You (100 Words)There are many what ifs. Many maybes. A few near misses, a few but what about- All of them are meaningless. They’re not real. They’re conjecture, a thought that … More They Don’t Own You (100 Words)
- The Document (A Teacup Story)“You got it?” Fethna asked as Nattali got into the car. “Ye of little faith,” Nattali said, pulling out the folder from under her jacket. It hadn’t been a … More The Document (A Teacup Story)
- Rain (100 Words)Outside, the rain lashed down onto the windowpane. It’s almost calming, watching the calamity of the storm outside. It’s out there, and you’re in here. In that moment, you … More Rain (100 Words)
- New Love (A Teacup Story)“So,” Iuen asked, “what do you think?” Ealia looked over at Iuen. Part of her wondered absently if he would ever get the grass stains out of his grey … More New Love (A Teacup Story)
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. Wisdom can be granted even without full knowledge … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)
- After the Battle (A Teacup Story)“How are you doing, now?” Yinla asked. Oaleth poked the fire with the end of a stick. The smoke curled upwards into the night sky. “That’s a loaded question,” … More After the Battle (A Teacup Story)