“I like it here,” Janya said, pulling Trean’s arm around her, “it’s nice.”
Trean hummed in agreement. Here, there was the only sound of the sea to lull them to sleep. Janya especially, a sea witch, needed to be near the sea to allow her magic to work. Trean’s own magic was not linked to the land or the sea, but the starlight from the nights sky.
“Yeh,” he replied, pressing a kiss to the top of Janya’s head. Here, they could both thrive. They had a clear sky at night for Trean to make the amulets to sell to the local traders and they had the sea for Janya to chant the waves to calm to allow passing ships to get into the ports in the North.
It’s perfect, Trean thought, pulling Janya close, perfect for us.
- Spark (100 Words)“So,” Faiya said, moving her sword off the side of the bench and buckling it to her waist, “what do you say?” Ingeot tapped his leg thoughtfully. He always … More Spark (100 Words)
- The Ruins of Evale (A Teacup Story)The next morning, the birds sung over the Ruins of Evale. It was a haunting sound. The city should have been alive with the noise of hundreds of thousands … More The Ruins of Evale (A Teacup Story)
- Day (100 Words)When someone told me that happy memories could be as powerful as sad ones, I never believed them. I never understood how powerful they could be because I had … More Day (100 Words)
- Climbing Raqueni (A Teacup Story)Ani took a breath in, eyeing up the next hand hold. Almost there, she thought. She swung her arm, letting her weight carry her forward and – There. Her … More Climbing Raqueni (A Teacup Story)
- Sinuous (100 Words)Falyese traced her fingertips over her lovers muscles. Troph’s shoulders were the most beautiful part of him, in Falyese’s opinion. Strong from years of welding in the ship’s underbelly, … More Sinuous (100 Words)
- Necromancer (A Teacup Story)Manela looked at the corpse at her feet. “Just do it,” Terak said. He always thought that this was easy to do. Necromancy was an art. It was the … More Necromancer (A Teacup Story)