The sea stretches out before you to an unbroken horizon.
The sun is out, but you sit in the shade of the umbrella. It’s midday, too hot to sit outside without sitting under a cover. The shade is just right – warm enough to relax your muscles but not intense you can feel your skin burn.
You can hear the sea lapping at your feet, about five feet down from the edge of the pontoon. The small scuttle of a crab’s legs against the wood catches your attention for a moment, but the crab disappears before you can see it.
You drink in the view, the sounds, the smells. Trying to lock in this memory as a place of peace, so when you return home, back to normality, you can take yourself back here in your mind.
- Reclaiming Ara’bantheFathie pulled her headphones over her ears. The noise of the city, the thrum of the cars and the rhythmic thudding of footfalls were drowned out in … More Reclaiming Ara’banthe
- They Don’t Own You (100 Words)There are many what ifs. Many maybes. A few near misses, a few but what about- All of them are meaningless. They’re not real. They’re conjecture, a … More They Don’t Own You (100 Words)
- The Document (A Teacup Story)“You got it?” Fethna asked as Nattali got into the car. “Ye of little faith,” Nattali said, pulling out the folder from under her jacket. It hadn’t … More The Document (A Teacup Story)
- Rain (100 Words)Outside, the rain lashed down onto the windowpane. It’s almost calming, watching the calamity of the storm outside. It’s out there, and you’re in here. In that … More Rain (100 Words)
- New Love (A Teacup Story)“So,” Iuen asked, “what do you think?” Ealia looked over at Iuen. Part of her wondered absently if he would ever get the grass stains out of … More New Love (A Teacup Story)
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. Wisdom can be granted even without … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)