When you read something that makes you feel jealous of the author’s writing, take a step back. Remember you are here to learn. What about their writing makes you wish you could do it yourself?
Lean from other authors, other writers. Take what they do and add it into your own portfolio of work.
There will always be people who are better writers than you. But that’s okay, because then you can be inspired by them to up your own game.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
- How To: Choosing Main CharactersI’ve previously written about choosing a POV for your story, and how many POVs you want to use in your story. This month, as my first topic for my new … More How To: Choosing Main Characters
- How To: What is GDPR?Any information contained in this article should be construed as legal advice and is not intended to be a substitute the appropriate legal or other professional advice in your jurisdiction. … More How To: What is GDPR?
- Take Your Time (Opinion Blog)Social media, along with a fun mix of “look how much this person achieved before they were 30!” media stories, has created an invisible expectation on anyone trying to achieve … More Take Your Time (Opinion Blog)
- How To: Multiple POVsPoints of View, or POVs, can be a powerful tool when writing fantasy or science fiction stories. Not only is it common across both genres, it allows you to explore … More How To: Multiple POVs
- Traditional vs Self Publishing (Opinion Blog)First published as part of my Summer Newsletter 2020 – if you’re not signed up to my quarterly newsletters, click here! This month I’ve spent some time researching about publishing, … More Traditional vs Self Publishing (Opinion Blog)
- How To: Beat Writer’s BlockYou sit down, open up your current project and…. Nothing happens. You try to re-read the previous night’s work, working your way into the scene. But no ideas spark, and … More How To: Beat Writer’s Block