Who said that travelling had to be about space or time?
It’s not, not always. It’s sometimes those in-between spaces, those thoughts and the actions that don’t really count to anything on their own, apart from the fact that you tried them.
Maybe today you take a different route to work.
Maybe tomorrow you pick up a different type of cheese.
Maybe the day after tomorrow, you’ll stop thinking about dying all the time.
Maybe the day after the day after tomorrow, you’ll try some new alcoholic drink.
Maybe, one day, you won’t have any pain to numb.
Stories on a Theme will be taking a hiatus over July and August for my Stories on a Theme stories! I’ll be back in September with more stories from my archive!
- New DayEach day is an unknown. It doesn’t feel like an unknown. You can have plans, have thoughts, have things to do. But each day is an unknown. Treat it as such. See the beauty in it.
- Rain (100 Words)Outside, the rain lashed down onto the windowpane. It’s almost calming, watching the calamity of the storm outside. It’s out there, and you’re in here. In that moment, you can almost imagine the swirling vortex of thoughts … More Rain (100 Words)
- Whisper (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)Sometimes I think I can hear you in whispers. In the wind through the trees or the rustle of grass. In the crumple of paper or the bell on a bike. In that moment I forget you’re … More Whisper (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Stress (100 Words)It settles beneath your skin, into your very bones. You cannot help it. It is like a virus, slipping past your defences. You cannot help but feel the cold shiver running down your spine as you look … More Stress (100 Words)
- Slide (100 Words)It’s not a breaking of a bond, but more a loosening. You see it, at first. The distance that has grown between you. Not from hatred, or any passionate emotion if you where honest. Just a quiet … More Slide (100 Words)
- Flash Fiction – Past (Stories on a Theme “Mystery”)What is behind you can be forgotten. Technically. I mean, technically, it is no longer here and now. It is then and was and it’s not going to hurt you here. In the present. But you can’t … More Flash Fiction – Past (Stories on a Theme “Mystery”)