“So,” Faiya said, moving her sword off the side of the bench and buckling it to her waist, “what do you say?”
Ingeot tapped his leg thoughtfully. He always did that when he thought no one could notice. One of his ticks.
“Sure,” he said, standing up, “fighting a horde of demons with you? Where else would I rather be?”
Faiya couldn’t help but smile. It was her and Igneot, against the world.
My 100 word stories and Teacup Stories will be taking a short pause over July and August, as I make room for Stories on a Theme! Don’t worry – they’ll be back in September.
Enjoy my writing? Keep up to date with my quarterly newsletter – featuring updates from my WIP, and access to my FREE subscriber only short story “The Gateway of Arieum”
- Daylight (100 Words)Minria peered out of the crack in the door. She could see the daylight streaming through the gap, illuminating the dust motes of their hide out. Three months … More Daylight (100 Words)
- The Runners (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)Winya dropped her bags on the floor. The metal floor rung out as the heavy bags slammed into the floor. Winya winced. Rugs, then, Winya thought, looking around … More The Runners (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- Plane (Stories on a Theme – “Travel”)“Please prepare for take-off.” The Captain’s voice echoed through the plane. Yasmine squirmed in her seat, barely able to keep in her excitement. Despite the mark, despite the … More Plane (Stories on a Theme – “Travel”)
- Finding Home (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)Rain hammered around them. Another storm, this one would hopefully pass quickly. In that moment, Rantia did not feel the rain smacking into her shoulders and soaking her … More Finding Home (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Create my Own (Stories on a Theme – “Family”)“Oi don’t eat all the dip,” Rachel yelled across the room. She vaulted the sofa, grabbing the last of the dip from Trae’s hand and proceeded to spoon … More Create my Own (Stories on a Theme – “Family”)
- Family Tree (Stories on a Theme – “Family”)Hannah looked over the birth certificate on her screen. The writing was difficult to make out, but she could just about see the word Mary Jane Smith etched … More Family Tree (Stories on a Theme – “Family”)