Take chances. Write something new. Write something risky.
Writing the first draft is your chance to try new things. Test out your ideas, no matter how silly or risky they might be.
You might be amazed as to what you find out.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
- Northern Winds (From the Archives)“Put me down here,” Wilal said. The attendants did as he wished, laying the palanquin gently onto the ground. Wilal could smell the Northern Winds from here, the top of … More Northern Winds (From the Archives)
- The Lost Mage“So, you used to be famous?” Marle could hear the excitement in her Granddaughter voice. Surprisingly, it didn’t hurt as much as she expected it to. It had hurt when … More The Lost Mage
- No Fighting, Not Anymore“We’re not fighting, not anymore.” Geiler held out her hand and dropped her gun on the floor. It rang out across the silent cavern with a resounding thud. “We’re not … More No Fighting, Not Anymore
- The Joining Payment“We’ve got 10 minutes until the alarm goes off.” Fezula didn’t look concerned. She was never concerned about this. “Fine,” she replied, “let’s get to work.” She held out her … More The Joining Payment
- Can’t Do It“I can’t do it,” Felruza slammed her fist against the table. Why was it so damn hard? Why could everyone else do this one simple thing and she couldn’t? “It’ll … More Can’t Do It
- Like the Sky at Sundown“You’re orange,” A bit of a state-the-obvious comment from Ryan. Cassie wiped the orange blood of her blade and sheathed her weapon. Monster blood never made for a particularly delightful … More Like the Sky at Sundown