Take chances. Write something new. Write something risky.
Writing the first draft is your chance to try new things. Test out your ideas, no matter how silly or risky they might be.
You might be amazed as to what you find out.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
- Like the Sky at Sundown“You’re orange,” A bit of a state-the-obvious comment from Ryan. Cassie wiped the orange blood of her blade and sheathed her weapon. Monster blood never made for a particularly delightful … More Like the Sky at Sundown
- Not anywhereDead Dead. Not alive. Not here. Not anywhere that I can perceive. Just. Not here. What does that mean for life, when death is so swift and random. How can … More Not anywhere
- New DayEach day is an unknown. It doesn’t feel like an unknown. You can have plans, have thoughts, have things to do. But each day is an unknown. Treat it as … More New Day
- Reclaiming Ara’bantheFathie pulled her headphones over her ears. The noise of the city, the thrum of the cars and the rhythmic thudding of footfalls were drowned out in an instant. Breathe, … More Reclaiming Ara’banthe
- They Don’t Own You (100 Words)There are many what ifs. Many maybes. A few near misses, a few but what about- All of them are meaningless. They’re not real. They’re conjecture, a thought that has … More They Don’t Own You (100 Words)
- The Document (A Teacup Story)“You got it?” Fethna asked as Nattali got into the car. “Ye of little faith,” Nattali said, pulling out the folder from under her jacket. It hadn’t been a particularly … More The Document (A Teacup Story)