Take chances. Write something new. Write something risky.
Writing the first draft is your chance to try new things. Test out your ideas, no matter how silly or risky they might be.
You might be amazed as to what you find out.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
- Spark (100 Words)“So,” Faiya said, moving her sword off the side of the bench and buckling it to her waist, “what do you say?” Ingeot tapped his leg thoughtfully. He always did … More Spark (100 Words)
- The Ruins of Evale (A Teacup Story)The next morning, the birds sung over the Ruins of Evale. It was a haunting sound. The city should have been alive with the noise of hundreds of thousands of … More The Ruins of Evale (A Teacup Story)
- Day (100 Words)When someone told me that happy memories could be as powerful as sad ones, I never believed them. I never understood how powerful they could be because I had never … More Day (100 Words)
- Climbing Raqueni (A Teacup Story)Ani took a breath in, eyeing up the next hand hold. Almost there, she thought. She swung her arm, letting her weight carry her forward and – There. Her fingertips … More Climbing Raqueni (A Teacup Story)
- Sinuous (100 Words)Falyese traced her fingertips over her lovers muscles. Troph’s shoulders were the most beautiful part of him, in Falyese’s opinion. Strong from years of welding in the ship’s underbelly, but … More Sinuous (100 Words)
- Necromancer (A Teacup Story)Manela looked at the corpse at her feet. “Just do it,” Terak said. He always thought that this was easy to do. Necromancy was an art. It was the art … More Necromancer (A Teacup Story)