“Egnara,” Helet whispered at the bracelet in front of him. It glowed slightly, a warm yellow colour, before shifting to a pulsating blue.
The magic was in. Now it was time to add the command.
“Tegkna ael miciamp,” he said, gently laying his right hand over the bracelet, whilst the other gripped his staff tightly. He could feel the gems resisting, the emeralds did not like mind reading magic as much as the other gems, but he pushed the spell inside the metal.
A crack came from under his hand. Helet smiled, pulling his hand away to reveal a perfectly circular bracelet, made from silver with liquid emerald flowing around the centre of the metal like a small river. The green line pulsated as he put his finger on it, ready to take the command.
It was done. The bracelet was ready for Lady Aletrgip. With it, she would be able to read the mind of anyone she touched, even for the barest second. A dangerous weapon in the wrong hands, but Helet was confident Lady Aletrgip would use it for her rebellion.
If she didn’t, then this small bracelet could spell the end for them all.
- Spark (100 Words)“So,” Faiya said, moving her sword off the side of the bench and buckling it to her waist, “what do you say?” Ingeot tapped … More Spark (100 Words)
- The Ruins of Evale (A Teacup Story)The next morning, the birds sung over the Ruins of Evale. It was a haunting sound. The city should have been alive with the … More The Ruins of Evale (A Teacup Story)
- Climbing Raqueni (A Teacup Story)Ani took a breath in, eyeing up the next hand hold. Almost there, she thought. She swung her arm, letting her weight carry her … More Climbing Raqueni (A Teacup Story)
- Decay (100 Words)Nadine watched as the world crumbled at his feet. The magic tore through the town, turning the buildings and people alike into dust. He … More Decay (100 Words)
- Luminous (A Teacup Story)The stars twinkle above you, gently pulsing as they bubble and collapse upon the backdrop of the universe. You watch them throughout the night. … More Luminous (A Teacup Story)
- Quarantine (A Teacup Story)Day 45. Day 45 started much the same as Day 44 and Day 43. Both boring days, with no interlude aside from when the … More Quarantine (A Teacup Story)