“Egnara,” Helet whispered at the bracelet in front of him. It glowed slightly, a warm yellow colour, before shifting to a pulsating blue.
The magic was in. Now it was time to add the command.
“Tegkna ael miciamp,” he said, gently laying his right hand over the bracelet, whilst the other gripped his staff tightly. He could feel the gems resisting, the emeralds did not like mind reading magic as much as the other gems, but he pushed the spell inside the metal.
A crack came from under his hand. Helet smiled, pulling his hand away to reveal a perfectly circular bracelet, made from silver with liquid emerald flowing around the centre of the metal like a small river. The green line pulsated as he put his finger on it, ready to take the command.
It was done. The bracelet was ready for Lady Aletrgip. With it, she would be able to read the mind of anyone she touched, even for the barest second. A dangerous weapon in the wrong hands, but Helet was confident Lady Aletrgip would use it for her rebellion.
If she didn’t, then this small bracelet could spell the end for them all.
- Reclaiming Ara’bantheFathie pulled her headphones over her ears. The noise of the city, the thrum of the cars and the rhythmic thudding of footfalls were … More Reclaiming Ara’banthe
- Daylight (100 Words)Minria peered out of the crack in the door. She could see the daylight streaming through the gap, illuminating the dust motes of their … More Daylight (100 Words)
- The Runners (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)Winya dropped her bags on the floor. The metal floor rung out as the heavy bags slammed into the floor. Winya winced. Rugs, then, … More The Runners (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- Plane (Stories on a Theme – “Travel”)“Please prepare for take-off.” The Captain’s voice echoed through the plane. Yasmine squirmed in her seat, barely able to keep in her excitement. Despite … More Plane (Stories on a Theme – “Travel”)
- Finding Home (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)Rain hammered around them. Another storm, this one would hopefully pass quickly. In that moment, Rantia did not feel the rain smacking into her … More Finding Home (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Create my Own (Stories on a Theme – “Family”)“Oi don’t eat all the dip,” Rachel yelled across the room. She vaulted the sofa, grabbing the last of the dip from Trae’s hand … More Create my Own (Stories on a Theme – “Family”)