You can write something that is hard. Something you’ve not written before. Something that makes you think why am I trying this. Repeatedly. With every line.
Challenging yourself allows you to grow. It pushes your boundaries, and gives you new skills.
Write something that scares you. Write something that will be hard to write.
Challenge yourself. See what wonders come from it.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
- Look Inward (Monday Inspiration)Feelings, when described, can fall flat. So instead look inward. See how you felt and reacted to that emotion and ask yourself why. Then … More Look Inward (Monday Inspiration)
- Defeated (From the Archives)“I can’t,” Tenae whimpered, barely able to hold the cup in his hands. The potion spilt out the sides, hissing at is hit his … More Defeated (From the Archives)
- Writing on Caffeine – January EditionThis month in my newsletter, Writing on Caffeine, I’m talking about Main Characters. You know, the ones we pick to tell our story, then … More Writing on Caffeine – January Edition
- See the Sky (Monday Inspiration)See the sky, the grey weight of winter hanging heavy above.Hear the birds signing in the treetops above.Watch the world pass you by.When you’re … More See the Sky (Monday Inspiration)
- How To: Choosing Main CharactersI’ve previously written about choosing a POV for your story, and how many POVs you want to use in your story. This month, as … More How To: Choosing Main Characters
- New Dawn (Monday Inspiration)Another day, another goal.Let’s see how we do today shall we?