You can write something that is hard. Something you’ve not written before. Something that makes you think why am I trying this. Repeatedly. With every line.
Challenging yourself allows you to grow. It pushes your boundaries, and gives you new skills.
Write something that scares you. Write something that will be hard to write.
Challenge yourself. See what wonders come from it.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
- Shattered Sands (From the Archives)Dany looked at the shattered pieces of pot on the floor and smiled. The Sand Pot that had dictated her movements her whole life … More Shattered Sands (From the Archives)
- Make Your Reality (Monday Inspiration)You can make your dream into a reality. You can work towards it, day by day, until each tiny little change that you make, … More Make Your Reality (Monday Inspiration)
- Northern Winds (From the Archives)“Put me down here,” Wilal said. The attendants did as he wished, laying the palanquin gently onto the ground. Wilal could smell the Northern … More Northern Winds (From the Archives)
- Don’t Burn Out (Monday Inspiration)Passion projects are intoxicating because they are so involved. You can be sucked into them and loose all sense of space and time. It … More Don’t Burn Out (Monday Inspiration)
- The Night of the Eighteenth“Magic,” he said, sipping his drink,” is just another kind of force. Like the weather, or a good cup of tea.” The wizard smiled … More The Night of the Eighteenth
- A Bit Too TiredThis month can be summarised with one phrase: I am so f**cking tired. I intended to use September as an achievement month. A time … More A Bit Too Tired