Nadine watched as the world crumbled at his feet. The magic tore through the town, turning the buildings and people alike into dust.
He lowered his hand.
“It is done,” he said, pulling his gloves over his decaying hands. It was the first sign, the skin rot, before the madness took hold.
He walked away from the hillside, leaving his companions aghast in his wake.
- The Evermind (Stories on a Theme – “Weak”)The Fractured Desert was a place of desolation in the high heat of summer. An ancient riverbed, left to turn to dust by the weather Gods when … More The Evermind (Stories on a Theme – “Weak”)
- Tiola’s Bay (Stories on a Theme – “Sea”)“Docked, Captain!” Captain Elaya Truthwatch tipped the edge of her hat at her First Mate, Rodgers, to acknowledge the information. “We’re here for five days, Crew!” she … More Tiola’s Bay (Stories on a Theme – “Sea”)
- Saturn’s Waves (Stories on a Theme – “Sea”)“I’ve got it,” Xanete said, pushing the box across the table. The room was silent. Xanete could feel the tension in the air from the other three … More Saturn’s Waves (Stories on a Theme – “Sea”)
- Spark (100 Words)“So,” Faiya said, moving her sword off the side of the bench and buckling it to her waist, “what do you say?” Ingeot tapped his leg thoughtfully. … More Spark (100 Words)
- The Ruins of Evale (A Teacup Story)The next morning, the birds sung over the Ruins of Evale. It was a haunting sound. The city should have been alive with the noise of hundreds … More The Ruins of Evale (A Teacup Story)
- Climbing Raqueni (A Teacup Story)Ani took a breath in, eyeing up the next hand hold. Almost there, she thought. She swung her arm, letting her weight carry her forward and – … More Climbing Raqueni (A Teacup Story)