Nadine watched as the world crumbled at his feet. The magic tore through the town, turning the buildings and people alike into dust.
He lowered his hand.
“It is done,” he said, pulling his gloves over his decaying hands. It was the first sign, the skin rot, before the madness took hold.
He walked away from the hillside, leaving his companions aghast in his wake.
- Can’t Do It“I can’t do it,” Felruza slammed her fist against the table. Why was it so damn hard? Why could everyone else do this one simple thing and … More Can’t Do It
- Like the Sky at Sundown“You’re orange,” A bit of a state-the-obvious comment from Ryan. Cassie wiped the orange blood of her blade and sheathed her weapon. Monster blood never made for … More Like the Sky at Sundown
- The Document (A Teacup Story)“You got it?” Fethna asked as Nattali got into the car. “Ye of little faith,” Nattali said, pulling out the folder from under her jacket. It hadn’t … More The Document (A Teacup Story)
- Music (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)Anya shut her eyes and let the music drift over her pounding headache. The speakers were on their lowest setting, so as not to make it worse. … More Music (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Finding Home (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)Rain hammered around them. Another storm, this one would hopefully pass quickly. In that moment, Rantia did not feel the rain smacking into her shoulders and soaking … More Finding Home (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Solitary Confinement (Stories on a Theme – “Isolate”)“Can I sit?” Yanet looked up from her lunch. The woman, a newbie by the yellow stripes on her arms, stood with her tray of food. She … More Solitary Confinement (Stories on a Theme – “Isolate”)