Writing is a creative hobby that is both individual and isolating. And there is a beauty in that, the individuality of your story is what makes it yours. And the isolation from the world is what gives your mind space to travel to far off places and create worlds so different to our own.
But in that individuality and that isolation is also what makes it hard when you compare yourself to others. Because you can’t, not really, no matter how hard you try. Your story, your space, your surroundings are all totally unique.
So be kind to yourself.
You’re doing you.
And you’re doing great.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
- Necromancer (A Teacup Story)Manela looked at the corpse at her feet. “Just do it,” Terak said. He always thought that this was easy to do. Necromancy was an … More Necromancer (A Teacup Story)
- Decay (100 Words)Nadine watched as the world crumbled at his feet. The magic tore through the town, turning the buildings and people alike into dust. He lowered … More Decay (100 Words)
- Luminous (A Teacup Story)The stars twinkle above you, gently pulsing as they bubble and collapse upon the backdrop of the universe. You watch them throughout the night. Hoping … More Luminous (A Teacup Story)
- Planet (100 Words)“Would you look at that,” Zeeta said from the cockpit. The spaceshuttle arced gracefully downwards towards Planet 34-5, known in previous generations as Planet Earth. … More Planet (100 Words)
- Quarantine (A Teacup Story)Day 45. Day 45 started much the same as Day 44 and Day 43. Both boring days, with no interlude aside from when the food … More Quarantine (A Teacup Story)
- Choose (100 Words)The world might break, but it can be reformed. A better world, a more unified world. A kinder, better world. Humanity’s strength is in its … More Choose (100 Words)