Writing is a creative hobby that is both individual and isolating. And there is a beauty in that, the individuality of your story is what makes it yours. And the isolation from the world is what gives your mind space to travel to far off places and create worlds so different to our own.
But in that individuality and that isolation is also what makes it hard when you compare yourself to others. Because you can’t, not really, no matter how hard you try. Your story, your space, your surroundings are all totally unique.
So be kind to yourself.
You’re doing you.
And you’re doing great.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
- The Lost Mage“So, you used to be famous?” Marle could hear the excitement in her Granddaughter voice. Surprisingly, it didn’t hurt as much as she expected it … More The Lost Mage
- No Fighting, Not Anymore“We’re not fighting, not anymore.” Geiler held out her hand and dropped her gun on the floor. It rang out across the silent cavern with … More No Fighting, Not Anymore
- The Joining Payment“We’ve got 10 minutes until the alarm goes off.” Fezula didn’t look concerned. She was never concerned about this. “Fine,” she replied, “let’s get to … More The Joining Payment
- Can’t Do It“I can’t do it,” Felruza slammed her fist against the table. Why was it so damn hard? Why could everyone else do this one simple … More Can’t Do It
- Like the Sky at Sundown“You’re orange,” A bit of a state-the-obvious comment from Ryan. Cassie wiped the orange blood of her blade and sheathed her weapon. Monster blood never … More Like the Sky at Sundown
- Reclaiming Ara’bantheFathie pulled her headphones over her ears. The noise of the city, the thrum of the cars and the rhythmic thudding of footfalls were drowned … More Reclaiming Ara’banthe