Passion projects are intoxicating because they are so involved. You can be sucked into them and loose all sense of space and time. It is just you and the words, and your act of creation.
But remember to take a step back.
To give yourself time to recover.
Otherwise you’ll burn out.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
- New Love (A Teacup Story)“So,” Iuen asked, “what do you think?” Ealia looked over at Iuen. Part of her wondered absently if he would ever get the grass stains … More New Love (A Teacup Story)
- Inkling (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)It wasn’t a loud feeling that skittered over Yulia’s skin. It was a soft, gentle one that gave her a hint that talking to Marielle … More Inkling (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Gentle (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)The sea is gentle today, a calm surf gently lapping the shore of the stony beach under your feet. You can feel the air hint … More Gentle (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Celebration (Stories on a Theme – “Family”)“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” the room roared as Urana stepped into it. Urana grinned as her parents pulled her into a hug, followed by her sister. Then … More Celebration (Stories on a Theme – “Family”)
- Charm (Stories on a Theme – “Magic”)“Hey,” As soon as she said it, Tyane cringed inside. How could she start the conversation of like that? Just breathe, stay calm, Tyane thought. … More Charm (Stories on a Theme – “Magic”)
- Perfect for Us (Stories on a Theme – “Sea”)“I like it here,” Janya said, pulling Trean’s arm around her, “it’s nice.” Trean hummed in agreement. Here, there was the only sound of the … More Perfect for Us (Stories on a Theme – “Sea”)