The feeling was not of anger or of hatred. It was the bone sinking, gut wrenching quiet whisper of doubt.
It was the thoughts Felicity didn’t even know where there until Gerrard had pointed them out. Her snappiness. Her temper.
She was scared, scared for them all, but she’d never admit it.
She’d never admit they could never go home.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my others below!
- Necromancer (A Teacup Story)Manela looked at the corpse at her feet. “Just do it,” Terak said. He always thought that this was easy to do. Necromancy was an … More Necromancer (A Teacup Story)
- Decay (100 Words)Nadine watched as the world crumbled at his feet. The magic tore through the town, turning the buildings and people alike into dust. He lowered … More Decay (100 Words)
- Luminous (A Teacup Story)The stars twinkle above you, gently pulsing as they bubble and collapse upon the backdrop of the universe. You watch them throughout the night. Hoping … More Luminous (A Teacup Story)
- Planet (100 Words)“Would you look at that,” Zeeta said from the cockpit. The spaceshuttle arced gracefully downwards towards Planet 34-5, known in previous generations as Planet Earth. … More Planet (100 Words)
- Quarantine (A Teacup Story)Day 45. Day 45 started much the same as Day 44 and Day 43. Both boring days, with no interlude aside from when the food … More Quarantine (A Teacup Story)
- Fear (100 Words)The feeling was not of anger or of hatred. It was the bone sinking, gut wrenching quiet whisper of doubt. It was the thoughts Felicity … More Fear (100 Words)