The feeling was not of anger or of hatred. It was the bone sinking, gut wrenching quiet whisper of doubt.
It was the thoughts Felicity didn’t even know where there until Gerrard had pointed them out. Her snappiness. Her temper.
She was scared, scared for them all, but she’d never admit it.
She’d never admit they could never go home.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my others below!
- Reunited“Can you stop flicking that bloody coin,” Regan said, “it’s annoying.” Chasey flicked the coin up high again, catching it as it fell back towards … More Reunited
- We’re not going that way“Why not?” “Why not?!” Favian’s voice rose another octave, “because I don’t want to die, Renglat. I like all my limbs on me, not in … More We’re not going that way
- Do you recognise this song?“Do you recognise this song?” The words were raspy and barely formed. Marlie moved her head slowly on the bed towards Ranlen, looking up at … More Do you recognise this song?
- March of the ValentasAshayra was taller than Miaken expected. He knew that she was from the South, and like all Southeners was always going to be tall, but … More March of the Valentas
- You can’t re-write history“Stop this!” Vashna screamed, pulling at the ropes around his wrists, “for the sake of yourself, Maynie, you need to stop!” Maynie looked up from … More You can’t re-write history
- No way I’m eating that“There is no way on this side of the eleven circles of afterlife I am eating that,” Tanker scrunched his nose up at the proffered … More No way I’m eating that