The feeling was not of anger or of hatred. It was the bone sinking, gut wrenching quiet whisper of doubt.
It was the thoughts Felicity didn’t even know where there until Gerrard had pointed them out. Her snappiness. Her temper.
She was scared, scared for them all, but she’d never admit it.
She’d never admit they could never go home.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my others below!
- The Joining Payment“We’ve got 10 minutes until the alarm goes off.” Fezula didn’t look concerned. She was never concerned about this. “Fine,” she replied, “let’s get to … More The Joining Payment
- Can’t Do It“I can’t do it,” Felruza slammed her fist against the table. Why was it so damn hard? Why could everyone else do this one simple … More Can’t Do It
- Like the Sky at Sundown“You’re orange,” A bit of a state-the-obvious comment from Ryan. Cassie wiped the orange blood of her blade and sheathed her weapon. Monster blood never … More Like the Sky at Sundown
- Reclaiming Ara’bantheFathie pulled her headphones over her ears. The noise of the city, the thrum of the cars and the rhythmic thudding of footfalls were drowned … More Reclaiming Ara’banthe
- The Document (A Teacup Story)“You got it?” Fethna asked as Nattali got into the car. “Ye of little faith,” Nattali said, pulling out the folder from under her jacket. … More The Document (A Teacup Story)
- New Love (A Teacup Story)“So,” Iuen asked, “what do you think?” Ealia looked over at Iuen. Part of her wondered absently if he would ever get the grass stains … More New Love (A Teacup Story)