The feeling was not of anger or of hatred. It was the bone sinking, gut wrenching quiet whisper of doubt.
It was the thoughts Felicity didn’t even know where there until Gerrard had pointed them out. Her snappiness. Her temper.
She was scared, scared for them all, but she’d never admit it.
She’d never admit they could never go home.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my others below!
- You can’t re-write history“Stop this!” Vashna screamed, pulling at the ropes around his wrists, “for the sake of yourself, Maynie, you need to stop!” Maynie looked up from … More You can’t re-write history
- No way I’m eating that“There is no way on this side of the eleven circles of afterlife I am eating that,” Tanker scrunched his nose up at the proffered … More No way I’m eating that
- No One of Importance“Who are you exactly?” Ratve’s voice broke through the silence around the campfire. He asked what they were all thinking but he was the only … More No One of Importance
- Remember (but I can’t)“Remember when we said we’d first come here?” Sanra shouted in her mother’s ear over the roar of the waterfall in front of them. One … More Remember (but I can’t)
- The Return of the Green Witch (Flash Fiction)“If these are your fabled ruins,” Unlana remarked, “I’m disappointed.” Ewani ignored her captors remarks, drinking in the sight before her. The ancient stones still … More The Return of the Green Witch (Flash Fiction)
- Why did you say that? (Flash Fiction)“Why did you say that?” Tanee paused, wiping the knife on his sleeve. “What?” he whispered, “about the prophecy being bullshit? You and I both … More Why did you say that? (Flash Fiction)