“Don’t do it,” the Captain warned.
Kenl smirked. What did the Captain know about how to use these jewels? Nothing. He thought they were just treasure to be plundered like anything else.
But Kenl knew. She knew the truth.
“Wat?” she spat back, purposefully dropping her home accent into her voice. She could see the Captain’s face crumple up in fury.
“Don’t drop them,” he hissed.
Kenl grinned, leaning backwards and hanging the jewels over the sea.
She just had to wait. She could hear the jewels already ringining, just slightly.
Of course, the Captain didn’t know what they were. He couldn’t hear the ringing.
Below the waves, she saw a shadow move. A huge shape, larger than the ship, swam beneath the waves, answering the stones’ call.
Silence fell over the crew. A few pointed over the side.
The Captain thought he was the one in charge. That he had doomed her to death.
When in fact, the Kracken was now coming for him.
- 100 Words – Clear[100 Words is a story in 100 words or less, based off the word in the title.] Open blue sky was a precious thing. Something … More 100 Words – Clear
- 100 Words – Forgiveness[100 Words is a story in 100 words or less, based off the word in the title.] “Forgiveness is not about what has been done … More 100 Words – Forgiveness
- 100 Words – Unknown[100 Words is a story in 100 words or less, based off the word in the title.] The darkness of space sat outside the cockpit … More 100 Words – Unknown
- A Green World (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)Nadine woke to the sound of birds singing. It was still weird, to hear that instead of the constant hum of the city traffic. Even … More A Green World (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- After the Battle (A Teacup Story)“How are you doing, now?” Yinla asked. Oaleth poked the fire with the end of a stick. The smoke curled upwards into the night sky. … More After the Battle (A Teacup Story)
- Alone (Stories on a Theme – “Isolate”)“Hello?” The radio crackled in response. Gaeia pushed her knuckles into her forehead, trying not to cry. This was day forty one. Forty one days … More Alone (Stories on a Theme – “Isolate”)