Create something that brings you joy. That makes you smile.
What you create is as personal to you as your DNA. Your experiences, your worldview, your thoughts and feelings, those are what make your story truely unique. It’s what drives your interests, your research, your late night writing sessions.
Don’t worry about what the hypothetical markets would like. Don’t worry about the money you could make or the fame you could win.
Just write what brings you joy.
And hopefully, you will smile whilst writing it.
Photo Credit: Photo by RhondaK Native Florida Folk Artist on Unsplash
- New Love (A Teacup Story)“So,” Iuen asked, “what do you think?” Ealia looked over at Iuen. Part of her wondered absently if he would ever get the grass stains … More New Love (A Teacup Story)
- Inkling (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)It wasn’t a loud feeling that skittered over Yulia’s skin. It was a soft, gentle one that gave her a hint that talking to Marielle … More Inkling (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Gentle (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)The sea is gentle today, a calm surf gently lapping the shore of the stony beach under your feet. You can feel the air hint … More Gentle (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Celebration (Stories on a Theme – “Family”)“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” the room roared as Urana stepped into it. Urana grinned as her parents pulled her into a hug, followed by her sister. Then … More Celebration (Stories on a Theme – “Family”)
- Charm (Stories on a Theme – “Magic”)“Hey,” As soon as she said it, Tyane cringed inside. How could she start the conversation of like that? Just breathe, stay calm, Tyane thought. … More Charm (Stories on a Theme – “Magic”)
- Perfect for Us (Stories on a Theme – “Sea”)“I like it here,” Janya said, pulling Trean’s arm around her, “it’s nice.” Trean hummed in agreement. Here, there was the only sound of the … More Perfect for Us (Stories on a Theme – “Sea”)