Create something that brings you joy. That makes you smile.
What you create is as personal to you as your DNA. Your experiences, your worldview, your thoughts and feelings, those are what make your story truely unique. It’s what drives your interests, your research, your late night writing sessions.
Don’t worry about what the hypothetical markets would like. Don’t worry about the money you could make or the fame you could win.
Just write what brings you joy.
And hopefully, you will smile whilst writing it.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
Photo Credit: Photo by RhondaK Native Florida Folk Artist on Unsplash
- Day (100 Words)When someone told me that happy memories could be as powerful as sad ones, I never believed them. I never understood how powerful they could … More Day (100 Words)
- Sinuous (100 Words)Falyese traced her fingertips over her lovers muscles. Troph’s shoulders were the most beautiful part of him, in Falyese’s opinion. Strong from years of welding … More Sinuous (100 Words)
- The Curse of the Silver (Short Story)When Captain Iona finds one of her team dead next to a statue of Raem II, she knows that someone has stolen a cursed object with the notorious Queen Raem II’s tomb. But as more bodies pile up, time is running out to find out who the killer is. And Iona has her own secrets, ones which are more deadly that she realises. … More The Curse of the Silver (Short Story)
- Flash Fiction – Burning Red (A Teacup Story)Suzza sat on her bed, surrounded by the ripped pieces of her letters. Each one had contained the years of heartache and love that she … More Flash Fiction – Burning Red (A Teacup Story)
- Flash Fiction – Name of Things (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)What’s in a name? Not much, and everything at the same time. A level of identity that is so core to yourself that you can … More Flash Fiction – Name of Things (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)
- Flash Fiction – Intense (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)When Imogen kissed Natalie, she felt her heart explode. It was not just live, but the intensity of want that bubbled up inside her which … More Flash Fiction – Intense (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)