Create something that brings you joy. That makes you smile.
What you create is as personal to you as your DNA. Your experiences, your worldview, your thoughts and feelings, those are what make your story truely unique. It’s what drives your interests, your research, your late night writing sessions.
Don’t worry about what the hypothetical markets would like. Don’t worry about the money you could make or the fame you could win.
Just write what brings you joy.
And hopefully, you will smile whilst writing it.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
Photo Credit: Photo by RhondaK Native Florida Folk Artist on Unsplash
- Inkling (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)It wasn’t a loud feeling that skittered over Yulia’s skin. It was a soft, gentle one that gave her a hint that talking to Marielle … More Inkling (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Gentle (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)The sea is gentle today, a calm surf gently lapping the shore of the stony beach under your feet. You can feel the air hint … More Gentle (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Celebration (Stories on a Theme – “Family”)“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” the room roared as Urana stepped into it. Urana grinned as her parents pulled her into a hug, followed by her sister. Then … More Celebration (Stories on a Theme – “Family”)
- Charm (Stories on a Theme – “Magic”)“Hey,” As soon as she said it, Tyane cringed inside. How could she start the conversation of like that? Just breathe, stay calm, Tyane thought. … More Charm (Stories on a Theme – “Magic”)
- Perfect for Us (Stories on a Theme – “Sea”)“I like it here,” Janya said, pulling Trean’s arm around her, “it’s nice.” Trean hummed in agreement. Here, there was the only sound of the … More Perfect for Us (Stories on a Theme – “Sea”)
- Day (100 Words)When someone told me that happy memories could be as powerful as sad ones, I never believed them. I never understood how powerful they could … More Day (100 Words)