Create something that brings you joy. That makes you smile.
What you create is as personal to you as your DNA. Your experiences, your worldview, your thoughts and feelings, those are what make your story truely unique. It’s what drives your interests, your research, your late night writing sessions.
Don’t worry about what the hypothetical markets would like. Don’t worry about the money you could make or the fame you could win.
Just write what brings you joy.
And hopefully, you will smile whilst writing it.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
Photo Credit: Photo by RhondaK Native Florida Folk Artist on Unsplash
- The Curse of the Silver (Short Story)When Captain Iona finds one of her team dead next to a statue of Raem II, she knows that someone has stolen a cursed object with the notorious Queen Raem II’s tomb. But as more bodies pile up, time is running out to find out who the killer is. And Iona has her own secrets, ones which are more deadly that she realises.
- Flash Fiction – Burning Red (A Teacup Story)Suzza sat on her bed, surrounded by the ripped pieces of her letters. Each one had contained the years of heartache and love that she… Continue reading Monday Inspiration – Make yourself Smile
- Flash Fiction – Name of Things (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)What’s in a name? Not much, and everything at the same time. A level of identity that is so core to yourself that you can… Continue reading Monday Inspiration – Make yourself Smile
- Flash Fiction – Intense (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)When Imogen kissed Natalie, she felt her heart explode. It was not just live, but the intensity of want that bubbled up inside her which… Continue reading Monday Inspiration – Make yourself Smile
- Flash Fiction – Love (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)They say opposites attract, and in some ways, that is true. No two people are ever the same. Sure, there can be similarities and differences.… Continue reading Monday Inspiration – Make yourself Smile
- Flash Fiction – Date Night (Stories on a Theme “Food”)“So what do you fancy?” Georgina looked down at the menu list, trying furiously to ignore the nerves that were buzzing around her body. She… Continue reading Monday Inspiration – Make yourself Smile