“FIGHT ME!” Tranegath roared at Hulun.
Hulun struggled, his head still ringing from the previous blow. It would not be long before the guards came to separate them, but this was his chance to do some real damage to the bully of the prison.
Hulun coughed, trying to distract Tranegath as he reached down to his boot. Tranegath’s eyes were wild, dangerous. He was running on the high of the fight.
Hulun shuffled backwards, pulling the shiv out of his boot as he did so. His eyes were blurry, he could taste blood on his tounge.
Tranegath growled, leaning over Hulun to unleash another taunt.
Now is my chance.
Hulun swung the shiv deep into Tranegath’s neck.
- 02:00 (Stories on a Theme – “Family”)Josie rocked her daughter to sleep, marvelling at how tiny she was. The digital clock illuminated the nursery, glowing a friendly 02:00 at her. Outside, … More 02:00 (Stories on a Theme – “Family”)
- 100 Words – Crush[100 Words – a short story based on one word in 100 words or less] It’s not real, not yet. It’s a wish. A desire. … More 100 Words – Crush
- 100 Words – Forgiveness[100 Words is a story in 100 words or less, based off the word in the title.] “Forgiveness is not about what has been done … More 100 Words – Forgiveness
- A Green World (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)Nadine woke to the sound of birds singing. It was still weird, to hear that instead of the constant hum of the city traffic. Even … More A Green World (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- After the Battle (A Teacup Story)“How are you doing, now?” Yinla asked. Oaleth poked the fire with the end of a stick. The smoke curled upwards into the night sky. … More After the Battle (A Teacup Story)
- Alone (Stories on a Theme – “Isolate”)“Hello?” The radio crackled in response. Gaeia pushed her knuckles into her forehead, trying not to cry. This was day forty one. Forty one days … More Alone (Stories on a Theme – “Isolate”)