Creativity is not constant. It comes in ebbs and flows.
Sometimes you have days when it flows strong. You can write, and write and write some more. The worlds fall into place so easily, the description is so vivid it just works.
And there are other days that you struggle.
Other days that you try to put words down and they don’t sing to you. Words that feel flat and boring and you know they will need so much work in the editing room.
But even in that ebb, you have to keep going forward. Because at some point, the creativity will come back again.
And then the words will flow.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
Photo Credit: Photo by Lance Asper on Unsplash
- 100 Words – Clear[100 Words is a story in 100 words or less, based off the word in the title.] Open blue sky was a precious thing. Something … More 100 Words – Clear
- 100 Words – Forgiveness[100 Words is a story in 100 words or less, based off the word in the title.] “Forgiveness is not about what has been done … More 100 Words – Forgiveness
- 100 Words – Unknown[100 Words is a story in 100 words or less, based off the word in the title.] The darkness of space sat outside the cockpit … More 100 Words – Unknown
- Before (A Teacup Story)“It was all so good,” Tristan sighed, into his drink “before you lot got involved.” The bodies didn’t talk back. They never talked back. “You … More Before (A Teacup Story)
- Climbing Raqueni (A Teacup Story)Ani took a breath in, eyeing up the next hand hold. Almost there, she thought. She swung her arm, letting her weight carry her forward … More Climbing Raqueni (A Teacup Story)
- Confrontation (100 Words -Flash Fiction)“FIGHT ME!” Tranegath roared at Hulun. Hulun struggled, his head still ringing from the previous blow. It would not be long before the guards came … More Confrontation (100 Words -Flash Fiction)