“Will you marry me, Alysia Renay?”
Supposedly six, life changing words.
And they were life changing. They were life changing in the way the sun rises about the horizon every morning, bringing with it warmth from the darkness of space. They were life changing in the way that a first sword would change a girl to a woman. A subtle but vast shift in perspective.
That I could stay with Elya.
That I would be her battle-wife as she would be mine.
That we could claim the stars together.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my others below!
- The Curse of the Silver (Short Story)When Captain Iona finds one of her team dead next to a statue of Raem II, she knows that someone has stolen a cursed object with the notorious Queen Raem II’s tomb. But as more bodies pile up, time is running out to find out who the killer is. And Iona has her own secrets, ones which are more deadly that she realises.
- Flash Fiction – Burning Red (A Teacup Story)Suzza sat on her bed, surrounded by the ripped pieces of her letters. Each one had contained the years of heartache and love that she… Continue reading Six Words (100 Words)
- Flash Fiction – Name of Things (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)What’s in a name? Not much, and everything at the same time. A level of identity that is so core to yourself that you can… Continue reading Six Words (100 Words)
- Flash Fiction – Intense (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)When Imogen kissed Natalie, she felt her heart explode. It was not just live, but the intensity of want that bubbled up inside her which… Continue reading Six Words (100 Words)
- Flash Fiction – Love (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)They say opposites attract, and in some ways, that is true. No two people are ever the same. Sure, there can be similarities and differences.… Continue reading Six Words (100 Words)
- Flash Fiction – Date Night (Stories on a Theme “Food”)“So what do you fancy?” Georgina looked down at the menu list, trying furiously to ignore the nerves that were buzzing around her body. She… Continue reading Six Words (100 Words)