Only you can believe in yourself. No matter whose else believes in you too, you know you can do this. You wouldn’t have tried otherwise.
It’s nice to have other’s believe in your vision. It gives you that warm fuzzy feeling that what you are trying to create is meaningful.
But external validation is just that – external. It’s not the drive that keeps you writing into the early hours. It’s the bleary eyes squinting at the computer screen in the early hours before work.
It’s you, all you, and you are capable of wonderful amazing things.
So give yourself a break. Believe in yourself.
You’ve got this.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
Photo Credit: Photo by Jared Rice on Unsplash
- Under the Arches (Teacup Story)“Do you have it?” Lauren nodded, hand still tucked inside her jacket. It might not seem much, this little tin box full of blue powder, … Read more
- Defeated (100 Words)“I can’t,” Tenae whimpered, barely able to hold the cup in his hands. The potion spilt out the sides, hissing at is hit his skin. … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Ignorance (A Teacup Story)“What’s the reading again?” Frena asked, peering at her graph. She could barely make out the readings in the light from her headtorch. “445,” Grenac … Read more
- Newsletter Story – 3%Silence is one of the most terrifying things in the world. It’s the lack of life, of activity, that scares me the most. The halting … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Bluff (Stories on a Theme – “Facade”)"Don't do it," the Captain warned. Kenl smirked. What did the Captain know about how to use these jewels? Nothing. He thought they were just … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Discovery (100 Words)“What is it?” Bethany said, as Trev pulled the box out of the ground. Even under the protective shade of their tent, the heat was … Read more