Only you can believe in yourself. No matter whose else believes in you too, you know you can do this. You wouldn’t have tried otherwise.
It’s nice to have other’s believe in your vision. It gives you that warm fuzzy feeling that what you are trying to create is meaningful.
But external validation is just that – external. It’s not the drive that keeps you writing into the early hours. It’s the bleary eyes squinting at the computer screen in the early hours before work.
It’s you, all you, and you are capable of wonderful amazing things.
So give yourself a break. Believe in yourself.
You’ve got this.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
Photo Credit: Photo by Jared Rice on Unsplash
- No way I’m eating that“There is no way on this side of the eleven circles of afterlife I am eating that,” Tanker scrunched his nose up at the proffered … More No way I’m eating that
- No Fighting, Not Anymore“We’re not fighting, not anymore.” Geiler held out her hand and dropped her gun on the floor. It rang out across the silent cavern with … More No Fighting, Not Anymore
- Peace (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)“What do you think?” Ilyen asked, taking another bite out of his dinner. The burrito juice dribbled out of the end of the paper wrapping, … More Peace (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- The Runners (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)Winya dropped her bags on the floor. The metal floor rung out as the heavy bags slammed into the floor. Winya winced. Rugs, then, Winya … More The Runners (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- Music (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)Anya shut her eyes and let the music drift over her pounding headache. The speakers were on their lowest setting, so as not to make … More Music (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Inkling (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)It wasn’t a loud feeling that skittered over Yulia’s skin. It was a soft, gentle one that gave her a hint that talking to Marielle … More Inkling (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)