Taking time out from writing is okay. It might not feel like what you need to do right this second, when time pressures are on you and you’re watching the clock click down to the close of another writing session.
But maybe today is the day you need to think. To sit and breathe with your manuscript and take a step back.
Or even a step away.
Your time out will mean you come back to your work with your creative will filled. Your drive to succeed renewed. It’s not time wasted, even if there is no wordcount to prove it.
So take a step back, and take some time out if you need it.
Your writing will be waiting for you when you get back.
#Mondayinspiration is a chance for me to share my own motivational post it notes with the writing world at large. In the hope, maybe that someone else finds it as helpful as I do!
- Teacup Story – HeadacheGuala suffered because the gods willed it so. It didn’t mean that she could take the fight for much longer (Rating: T, Genre – Fantasy, Sci … More Teacup Story – Headache
- Teacup Story – Early Evening MemoriesHaeli looked down on the lights glowing from the town, and remembered (Genre – Sci Fi, Genre – General, Rating -PG) The early evening was … More Teacup Story – Early Evening Memories
- Teacup Story – MusicGeoff played to forget, to remember, to feel (Genre – General, Rating – PG) Geoff played the music not for practice, but to just let … More Teacup Story – Music
- 100 Words – Freeze[100 Words is a story in 100 words or less, based off the word in the title.] Freeze. Just watching. Just sensing. Waiting for the … More 100 Words – Freeze
- 100 Words – Escape[100 Words is a story in 100 words or less, based off the word in the title.] The knowledge that the place you are now, … More 100 Words – Escape
- 100 Words – Wing[100 words – Story based on one word in 100 words or less] Flying above the world. Freedom to look down on life, existence and … More 100 Words – Wing