“It is done,” Relen announced across the silent room.
He put the pen down on the tablet as he watched his signature flash into the stone surface which lay below it. It was only in stone that an accord like this could be signed.
Stone couldn’t be changed. Stone was constant.
“Good,” Helno said, her voice sounded light and airy. She had signed before Relen, the last two of the ten kingdoms to sign.
Now they were bound by the Accords, for the rest of time. To protect themselves from years of bloodshed and war. It simply was the only way to stop the fighting.
Relen just wished it didn’t have to come at the cost of his soul.
- World (Stories on a Theme – “Travel”)The world, really, is small. It takes less than a day to fly to the other side of it. It takes barely a heartbeat to … More World (Stories on a Theme – “Travel”)
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. Wisdom can be granted … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)
- Whisper (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)Sometimes I think I can hear you in whispers. In the wind through the trees or the rustle of grass. In the crumple of paper … More Whisper (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Vulnerable (Stories on a Theme – “Weak”)To be vulnerable is to pull back your rib cage and reveal your beating heart beneath it. To show your true self with every facet … More Vulnerable (Stories on a Theme – “Weak”)
- Umbrella – “Stories on a Theme” (Rainfall)[Stories on a Theme – a weekly theme that I use as a spring board for short stories over the weekend. Catch up with the … More Umbrella – “Stories on a Theme” (Rainfall)
- They Don’t Own You (100 Words)There are many what ifs. Many maybes. A few near misses, a few but what about- All of them are meaningless. They’re not real. They’re … More They Don’t Own You (100 Words)