“It is done,” Relen announced across the silent room.
He put the pen down on the tablet as he watched his signature flash into the stone surface which lay below it. It was only in stone that an accord like this could be signed.
Stone couldn’t be changed. Stone was constant.
“Good,” Helno said, her voice sounded light and airy. She had signed before Relen, the last two of the ten kingdoms to sign.
Now they were bound by the Accords, for the rest of time. To protect themselves from years of bloodshed and war. It simply was the only way to stop the fighting.
Relen just wished it didn’t have to come at the cost of his soul.
- World (Stories on a Theme – “Travel”)The world, really, is small. It takes less than a day to fly to the other side of it. It takes barely a heartbeat to … More World (Stories on a Theme – “Travel”)
- Whisper (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)Sometimes I think I can hear you in whispers. In the wind through the trees or the rustle of grass. In the crumple of paper … More Whisper (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Vulnerable (Stories on a Theme – “Weak”)To be vulnerable is to pull back your rib cage and reveal your beating heart beneath it. To show your true self with every facet … More Vulnerable (Stories on a Theme – “Weak”)
- Umbrella – “Stories on a Theme” (Rainfall)[Stories on a Theme – a weekly theme that I use as a spring board for short stories over the weekend. Catch up with the … More Umbrella – “Stories on a Theme” (Rainfall)
- The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)You write for the younger you. For the younger you who always dreamed but never believed you really could. For the younger you who wished … More The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- The Appointment (Teacup Story – Flash Fiction)“So,” the Manager said, “I believe we have an appointment.” Chela smiled, thinly at the Manager. No one knew her name, her real name. It … More The Appointment (Teacup Story – Flash Fiction)