“It is done,” Relen announced across the silent room.
He put the pen down on the tablet as he watched his signature flash into the stone surface which lay below it. It was only in stone that an accord like this could be signed.
Stone couldn’t be changed. Stone was constant.
“Good,” Helno said, her voice sounded light and airy. She had signed before Relen, the last two of the ten kingdoms to sign.
Now they were bound by the Accords, for the rest of time. To protect themselves from years of bloodshed and war. It simply was the only way to stop the fighting.
Relen just wished it didn’t have to come at the cost of his soul.
- Umbrella – “Stories on a Theme” (Rainfall)[Stories on a Theme – a weekly theme that I use as a spring board for short stories over the weekend. Catch up with the … Read more
- The Appointment (Teacup Story – Flash Fiction)“So,” the Manager said, “I believe we have an appointment.” Chela smiled, thinly at the Manager. No one knew her name, her real name. It … Read more
- Teacup Story – UnknownUnknown – There are some things that are unknown (Genre – General, Rating – PG). I don’t know what is around the corner. But I don’t think … Read more
- Teacup Story – TryWho can know what is right? (Genre – General, Genre – Free writing) Will it be right? Who knows. But I want to know. You … Read more
- Teacup Story – TiredThere was some sort of contemplation that came from the depths of exhaustion, Leya thought. (Genre – General, Genre – Free writing, Teacup story, Rating – … Read more
- Teacup Story – The Small ThingsThe Small Things – The world is full of so many events that go unnoticed. But that doesn't mean they are not as important. (Genre – … Read more