“I’m waiting,” Rane hissed, tapping his foot impatiently.
Natre glared at him as she turned the dial on the safe. They didn’t have long, but the pressure was not helping.
This was all about patience. Of which Rane had limited amounts.
“Almost there,” Natre said, pressing her ear to the safe. She turned the dial around again, waiting for the click.
There it is, she thought, standing up and pulling the safe door open. Inside would be the fortune they had spent 2 years planning for. Enough to pay off their debts.
Natre looked into the safe, her jaw dropping to the floor.
“Fuck,” Rane said.
It was empty.
- The Otherworlds (A Teacup Story)Fyerik groaned, holding her head in her hands as she threw up into the bucket again. “Do I really have to try again?” she groaned, … Read more
- The Curse of the Silver (Newsletter Short Story)When Captain Iona finds one of her team dead next to a statue of Raem II, she knows that someone has stolen a cursed object … Read more
- Crossing the River Ine (Teacup Story)Junea pulled the reigns of Ceanol sharply, bringing her to a halt. “Why did you stop?” Kanek asked, pulling up next to Junea. Garne, his … Read more
- Under the Arches (Teacup Story)“Do you have it?” Lauren nodded, hand still tucked inside her jacket. It might not seem much, this little tin box full of blue powder, … Read more
- Exploit (100 Words)“Now,” Ganetrak said, kneeling in front of Inael’s prone form, “you’re going to cooperate.” Inael strained against the manacles, but it was to no avail. … Read more
- Fortunes Path (Teacup Story)Fayan watched the bandits fan out in front of her. The Fortunes Path was the quickest way to the Mountains, but it was pitted with … Read more