“I’m waiting,” Rane hissed, tapping his foot impatiently.
Natre glared at him as she turned the dial on the safe. They didn’t have long, but the pressure was not helping.
This was all about patience. Of which Rane had limited amounts.
“Almost there,” Natre said, pressing her ear to the safe. She turned the dial around again, waiting for the click.
There it is, she thought, standing up and pulling the safe door open. Inside would be the fortune they had spent 2 years planning for. Enough to pay off their debts.
Natre looked into the safe, her jaw dropping to the floor.
“Fuck,” Rane said.
It was empty.
- Like the Sky at Sundown“You’re orange,” A bit of a state-the-obvious comment from Ryan. Cassie wiped the orange blood of her blade and sheathed her weapon. Monster blood never … More Like the Sky at Sundown
- The Document (A Teacup Story)“You got it?” Fethna asked as Nattali got into the car. “Ye of little faith,” Nattali said, pulling out the folder from under her jacket. … More The Document (A Teacup Story)
- Music (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)Anya shut her eyes and let the music drift over her pounding headache. The speakers were on their lowest setting, so as not to make … More Music (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Finding Home (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)Rain hammered around them. Another storm, this one would hopefully pass quickly. In that moment, Rantia did not feel the rain smacking into her shoulders … More Finding Home (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Solitary Confinement (Stories on a Theme – “Isolate”)“Can I sit?” Yanet looked up from her lunch. The woman, a newbie by the yellow stripes on her arms, stood with her tray of … More Solitary Confinement (Stories on a Theme – “Isolate”)
- Memories of Hope (Stories on a Theme – “Isolate”)Fuane sat on the floor, deep in her memories. The memories were the access point to the future. They were a window to the past, … More Memories of Hope (Stories on a Theme – “Isolate”)