“I’m waiting,” Rane hissed, tapping his foot impatiently.
Natre glared at him as she turned the dial on the safe. They didn’t have long, but the pressure was not helping.
This was all about patience. Of which Rane had limited amounts.
“Almost there,” Natre said, pressing her ear to the safe. She turned the dial around again, waiting for the click.
There it is, she thought, standing up and pulling the safe door open. Inside would be the fortune they had spent 2 years planning for. Enough to pay off their debts.
Natre looked into the safe, her jaw dropping to the floor.
“Fuck,” Rane said.
It was empty.
- Spark (100 Words)“So,” Faiya said, moving her sword off the side of the bench and buckling it to her waist, “what do you say?” Ingeot tapped his … More Spark (100 Words)
- The Ruins of Evale (A Teacup Story)The next morning, the birds sung over the Ruins of Evale. It was a haunting sound. The city should have been alive with the noise … More The Ruins of Evale (A Teacup Story)
- Climbing Raqueni (A Teacup Story)Ani took a breath in, eyeing up the next hand hold. Almost there, she thought. She swung her arm, letting her weight carry her forward … More Climbing Raqueni (A Teacup Story)
- Necromancer (A Teacup Story)Manela looked at the corpse at her feet. “Just do it,” Terak said. He always thought that this was easy to do. Necromancy was an … More Necromancer (A Teacup Story)
- Decay (100 Words)Nadine watched as the world crumbled at his feet. The magic tore through the town, turning the buildings and people alike into dust. He lowered … More Decay (100 Words)
- Quarantine (A Teacup Story)Day 45. Day 45 started much the same as Day 44 and Day 43. Both boring days, with no interlude aside from when the food … More Quarantine (A Teacup Story)