“I’m waiting,” Rane hissed, tapping his foot impatiently.
Natre glared at him as she turned the dial on the safe. They didn’t have long, but the pressure was not helping.
This was all about patience. Of which Rane had limited amounts.
“Almost there,” Natre said, pressing her ear to the safe. She turned the dial around again, waiting for the click.
There it is, she thought, standing up and pulling the safe door open. Inside would be the fortune they had spent 2 years planning for. Enough to pay off their debts.
Natre looked into the safe, her jaw dropping to the floor.
“Fuck,” Rane said.
It was empty.
- Exploit (100 Words)“Now,” Ganetrak said, kneeling in front of Inael’s prone form, “you’re going to cooperate.” Inael strained against the manacles, but it was to no avail. … Read more
- Fortunes Path (Teacup Story)Fayan watched the bandits fan out in front of her. The Fortunes Path was the quickest way to the Mountains, but it was pitted with … Read more
- Defeated (100 Words)“I can’t,” Tenae whimpered, barely able to hold the cup in his hands. The potion spilt out the sides, hissing at is hit his skin. … Read more
- The Lost Exhibit (A Teacup Story)“Do you have it?” a female voice said from the shadows. James shuffled on his feet, feeling the weight of the small statute in his … Read more
- Confrontation (100 Words -Flash Fiction)“FIGHT ME!” Tranegath roared at Hulun. Hulun struggled, his head still ringing from the previous blow. It would not be long before the guards came … Read more
- The Appointment (Teacup Story – Flash Fiction)“So,” the Manager said, “I believe we have an appointment.” Chela smiled, thinly at the Manager. No one knew her name, her real name. It … Read more