Some songs, some music, touches parts of you that you otherwise cannot interact with. The parts of you that you can’t handle without a tune to sooth the pain away, to allow yourself to look inwards at the cause of the pain and sit with it.
Learn from it.
There are songs that teach you, teach you that even though you get ingored by the ones you hope that love you, that does not mean the world has ended. That every feeling inside of you, as much as it is valid to feel, does not mean that you need to withdraw from the world.
It just means that it is. Maybe it’s a not nice feeling, maybe it’s hurt or jealousy or fear. Maybe it’s a happy feeling like when you listen to your first dance song, or when you feel unabashed joy.
Whatever it is, it’s just a feeling.
And that’s okay. Good or bad, it’s just a moment in time when it reminds you of something you have lost or something you wish you had or something you treasure dearly.
Each of those memories have songs attached to them. The lyrics don’t matter, the tune doesn’t matter, it is just the feeling of release when you feel like your heart harmonises with the tune.
Those are the songs you treasure. That you return to find comfort in your best or worst time.
Those are the songs that tell you, whatever you feel, that it’s okay.
It’ll be okay.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my others below!
- Not TodayThere are times that we remember the position the world has for us. The position that the world deems us to be in. The forced … More Not Today
- Not anywhereDead Dead. Not alive. Not here. Not anywhere that I can perceive. Just. Not here. What does that mean for life, when death is so … More Not anywhere
- New DayEach day is an unknown. It doesn’t feel like an unknown. You can have plans, have thoughts, have things to do. But each day is … More New Day
- They Don’t Own You (100 Words)There are many what ifs. Many maybes. A few near misses, a few but what about- All of them are meaningless. They’re not real. They’re … More They Don’t Own You (100 Words)
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. Wisdom can be granted … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)
- Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)Flowers can teach us a lot. They can teach us about what it takes to grow. That you have to be fed with the basics … More Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)