“Don’t do it,” the Captain warned.
Kenl smirked. What did the Captain know about how to use these jewels? Nothing. He thought they were just treasure to be plundered like anything else.
But Kenl knew. She knew the truth.
“Wat?” she spat back, purposefully dropping her home accent into her voice. She could see the Captain’s face crumple up in fury.
“Don’t drop them,” he hissed.
Kenl grinned, leaning backwards and hanging the jewels over the sea.
She just had to wait. She could hear the jewels already ringining, just slightly.
Of course, the Captain didn’t know what they were. He couldn’t hear the ringing.
Below the waves, she saw a shadow move. A huge shape, larger than the ship, swam beneath the waves, answering the stones’ call.
Silence fell over the crew. A few pointed over the side.
The Captain thought he was the one in charge. That he had doomed her to death.
When in fact, the Kracken was now coming for him.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my others below!
- 100 Words – Clear[100 Words is a story in 100 words or less, based off the word in the title.] Open blue sky was a precious thing. Something … More 100 Words – Clear
- 100 Words – Forgiveness[100 Words is a story in 100 words or less, based off the word in the title.] “Forgiveness is not about what has been done … More 100 Words – Forgiveness
- 100 Words – Unknown[100 Words is a story in 100 words or less, based off the word in the title.] The darkness of space sat outside the cockpit … More 100 Words – Unknown
- Before (A Teacup Story)“It was all so good,” Tristan sighed, into his drink “before you lot got involved.” The bodies didn’t talk back. They never talked back. “You … More Before (A Teacup Story)
- Climbing Raqueni (A Teacup Story)Ani took a breath in, eyeing up the next hand hold. Almost there, she thought. She swung her arm, letting her weight carry her forward … More Climbing Raqueni (A Teacup Story)
- Confrontation (100 Words -Flash Fiction)“FIGHT ME!” Tranegath roared at Hulun. Hulun struggled, his head still ringing from the previous blow. It would not be long before the guards came … More Confrontation (100 Words -Flash Fiction)