“Don’t do it,” the Captain warned.
Kenl smirked. What did the Captain know about how to use these jewels? Nothing. He thought they were just treasure to be plundered like anything else.
But Kenl knew. She knew the truth.
“Wat?” she spat back, purposefully dropping her home accent into her voice. She could see the Captain’s face crumple up in fury.
“Don’t drop them,” he hissed.
Kenl grinned, leaning backwards and hanging the jewels over the sea.
She just had to wait. She could hear the jewels already ringining, just slightly.
Of course, the Captain didn’t know what they were. He couldn’t hear the ringing.
Below the waves, she saw a shadow move. A huge shape, larger than the ship, swam beneath the waves, answering the stones’ call.
Silence fell over the crew. A few pointed over the side.
The Captain thought he was the one in charge. That he had doomed her to death.
When in fact, the Kracken was now coming for him.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my others below!
- 100 Words – Clear[100 Words is a story in 100 words or less, based off the word in the title.] Open blue sky was a precious thing. Something … Read more
- 100 Words – Forgiveness[100 Words is a story in 100 words or less, based off the word in the title.] “Forgiveness is not about what has been done … Read more
- 100 Words – Unknown[100 Words is a story in 100 words or less, based off the word in the title.] The darkness of space sat outside the cockpit … Read more
- Confrontation (100 Words -Flash Fiction)“FIGHT ME!” Tranegath roared at Hulun. Hulun struggled, his head still ringing from the previous blow. It would not be long before the guards came … Read more
- Control (Stories on a Theme – “Power”)Zeleth held the Orb in his hands, gently brushing his thumbs across the clear glass surface. Inside, the green light of the Uneltro followed his … Read more
- Crossing the River Ine (Teacup Story)Junea pulled the reigns of Ceanol sharply, bringing her to a halt. “Why did you stop?” Kanek asked, pulling up next to Junea. Garne, his … Read more