“Eugh” Lucy said to her computer screen. It was another slow day. No emails, no new work. Just processing documents until 5pm.
She glanced at the clock. It flashed at her the numbers 9:05am in torment. A whole 7.5 hours she had to fill with something. I need a new job, Lucy thought as she dragged the stack of papers towards her, but first, a cup of tea.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my others below!
- World (Stories on a Theme – “Travel”)The world, really, is small. It takes less than a day to fly to the other side of it. It takes barely … More World (Stories on a Theme – “Travel”)
- Whisper (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)Sometimes I think I can hear you in whispers. In the wind through the trees or the rustle of grass. In the … More Whisper (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- What If? – “Prompts on a Theme” (Future)A short based on this weeks “Prompts on a Theme” – Future. What if it goes wrong? What happens if they hate … More What If? – “Prompts on a Theme” (Future)
- Vulnerable (Stories on a Theme – “Weak”)To be vulnerable is to pull back your rib cage and reveal your beating heart beneath it. To show your true self … More Vulnerable (Stories on a Theme – “Weak”)
- Under the Arches (Teacup Story)“Do you have it?” Lauren nodded, hand still tucked inside her jacket. It might not seem much, this little tin box full … More Under the Arches (Teacup Story)
- Umbrella – “Stories on a Theme” (Rainfall)[Stories on a Theme – a weekly theme that I use as a spring board for short stories over the weekend. Catch … More Umbrella – “Stories on a Theme” (Rainfall)