“Eugh” Lucy said to her computer screen. It was another slow day. No emails, no new work. Just processing documents until 5pm.
She glanced at the clock. It flashed at her the numbers 9:05am in torment. A whole 7.5 hours she had to fill with something. I need a new job, Lucy thought as she dragged the stack of papers towards her, but first, a cup of tea.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my others below!
- What If? – “Prompts on a Theme” (Future)A short based on this weeks “Prompts on a Theme” – Future. What if it goes wrong? What happens if they hate … More What If? – “Prompts on a Theme” (Future)
- Under the Arches (Teacup Story)“Do you have it?” Lauren nodded, hand still tucked inside her jacket. It might not seem much, this little tin box full … More Under the Arches (Teacup Story)
- Umbrella – “Stories on a Theme” (Rainfall)[Stories on a Theme – a weekly theme that I use as a spring board for short stories over the weekend. Catch … More Umbrella – “Stories on a Theme” (Rainfall)
- The Lost Exhibit (A Teacup Story)“Do you have it?” a female voice said from the shadows. James shuffled on his feet, feeling the weight of the small … More The Lost Exhibit (A Teacup Story)
- Teacup Story – WreckedTeacup story – a story short enough to fit into a teacup. Wrecked – A ship can be wrecked, pummelled against a shore … More Teacup Story – Wrecked
- Teacup story – WithoutTeacup story – a story short enough to fit into a teacup. Without – Nate had to describe just one word if … More Teacup story – Without