“Eugh” Lucy said to her computer screen. It was another slow day. No emails, no new work. Just processing documents until 5pm.
She glanced at the clock. It flashed at her the numbers 9:05am in torment. A whole 7.5 hours she had to fill with something. I need a new job, Lucy thought as she dragged the stack of papers towards her, but first, a cup of tea.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my others below!
- What If? – “Prompts on a Theme” (Future)A short based on this weeks "Prompts on a Theme" – Future. What if it goes wrong? What happens if they hate … Read more
- Umbrella – “Stories on a Theme” (Rainfall)[Stories on a Theme – a weekly theme that I use as a spring board for short stories over the weekend. Catch … Read more
- Teacup Story – WreckedTeacup story – a story short enough to fit into a teacup. Wrecked – A ship can be wrecked, pummelled against a shore … Read more
- Teacup story – WithoutTeacup story – a story short enough to fit into a teacup. Without – Nate had to describe just one word if … Read more
- Teacup Story – Unwanted ProblemsUnwanted Problems – Wendy had to agree that this week had been the worse. The only solution was alcohol (Rating – 15, Genre – … Read more
- Teacup Story – UnknownUnknown – There are some things that are unknown (Genre – General, Rating – PG). I don’t know what is around the corner. But … Read more