“So, you think this was a good idea?” Garek said cheerfully. Too cheerfully.
They were the only ones left from their little group. It wouldn’t take long until the monsters found them too.
Janee cradled the small stick of information that could hold the keys to defeating the creatures. Their last hope. Bevan had given his life for this information.
“I hope so,” Janee said, looking up to the stars from their little hammock slung across the trees. Being off the ground was the only way to survive. But during the day, they couldn’t chance being seen by the Factor drones that governed the skies.
Death on the ground by monsters, or death in the sky from the humans.
“I hope so,” Janee whispered. She needed something to give her hope. They were so close, yet so far.
I hope so.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my others below!
- You can’t re-write history“Stop this!” Vashna screamed, pulling at the ropes around his wrists, “for the sake of yourself, Maynie, you need to stop!” Maynie looked up from … More You can’t re-write history
- World (Stories on a Theme – “Travel”)The world, really, is small. It takes less than a day to fly to the other side of it. It takes barely a heartbeat to … More World (Stories on a Theme – “Travel”)
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. Wisdom can be granted … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)
- Why did you say that? (Flash Fiction)“Why did you say that?” Tanee paused, wiping the knife on his sleeve. “What?” he whispered, “about the prophecy being bullshit? You and I both … More Why did you say that? (Flash Fiction)
- We’re not going that way“Why not?” “Why not?!” Favian’s voice rose another octave, “because I don’t want to die, Renglat. I like all my limbs on me, not in … More We’re not going that way
- Under the Arches (Teacup Story)“Do you have it?” Lauren nodded, hand still tucked inside her jacket. It might not seem much, this little tin box full of blue powder, … More Under the Arches (Teacup Story)