“So, you think this was a good idea?” Garek said cheerfully. Too cheerfully.
They were the only ones left from their little group. It wouldn’t take long until the monsters found them too.
Janee cradled the small stick of information that could hold the keys to defeating the creatures. Their last hope. Bevan had given his life for this information.
“I hope so,” Janee said, looking up to the stars from their little hammock slung across the trees. Being off the ground was the only way to survive. But during the day, they couldn’t chance being seen by the Factor drones that governed the skies.
Death on the ground by monsters, or death in the sky from the humans.
“I hope so,” Janee whispered. She needed something to give her hope. They were so close, yet so far.
I hope so.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my others below!
- Teacup Story – To ChangeTo Change – Ulat refused to change for them, he wouldn't change who he was (Genre – Fantasy, Rating – PG) Change was hard, Ulat … Read more
- Teacup Story – The GardenerMelyy was known as the Gardener, with a reputation for cultivating those plants that could kill others. She was a specialist, and a specialist's skills were … Read more
- Teacup Story – Souls of SmokeSouls of Smoke – Hectaius said goodbye to their leader (Genre – Sci Fi, Fantasy, Fiction, Action, Rating – 12) “Today, we remember our leader,” Hectaius … Read more
- Teacup Story – SetupHecura knew how to defend her lands, especially against a poxy youth (Genre – Fiction, Action, General, Rating – 12) “Get up,” Hecura said, kicking Lord … Read more
- Teacup Story – ScarsHeni pulled the cloth over her face, wincing as the chemicals pulled off the makeup that had stained her face all day. She was used … Read more
- Teacup Story – Prayer to LymarPrayer to Lymra – Yeli and Rhys sat in their house, waiting for the storm to pass (Genre – Sci Fi, Fantasy, General, Rating: PG) … Read more