Vineck pulled the mask over his face. The long beak of the mask stuck our a good half a foot from his face.
He adjusted the straps at the back of his head. It was heavy, heavier than he remembered it was last week when he had done this.
But this week is different, he thought. This week it had been Nadio who had been taken in the night by the evil spirits. Disappeared right from the bed next to her husband.
His own sister, taken. That made the total of the Disappeared a round 20.
Maybe Rethank, the god whose face he wore as a mask, would take pity on them today. Maybe, Vineck thought, we’ll finally have some answers.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my others below!
- Welcome PostI am not quite sure what to write as my first post. This blog is more an exercise to keep myself writing regularly and with … More Welcome Post
- Teacup story – OceanTeacup stories – a story short enough to fit into a teacup. Ocean – (Rating PG, Genere: General) – In the middle of the ocean, there … More Teacup story – Ocean
- Teacup Story – DeliveranceTeacup Story – a story short enough to fit into a teacup Deliverance – (Rating: 15, Genre: General, Genre: Horror) – Elsha figured that if god … More Teacup Story – Deliverance
- Teacup Story – UniqueTeacup Story – a story short enough to fit into a teacup Unique – (Rating: PG, Genre: General) – Mortality was something that Tez had become … More Teacup Story – Unique
- Teacup story – Lost for wordsTeacup story – a story short enough to fit into a teacup. Lost for words (Rating: PG, Genre: General, Genre: Fantasy) – Penny used words … More Teacup story – Lost for words
- Short Story – Basement GhostsBasement Ghosts (Rating: 15, Genre – Horror, Genre – Supernatural, Genre – General) – (988 words) It was the handwriting that haunted me more than … More Short Story – Basement Ghosts