There is something generous and amazing about having a child.
Not just the miracle of existence, but the idea that you can guide them through this world to help them bloom into the person they will become. You help them learn, encourage them, protect them.
But most of all you step back and watch. Because their life is as unique as your own, and you can’t change it or control or diminish it.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my others below!
- Teacup Story – LifeLife – What is life? (Genre – General, Genre – Free writing, Analysis, Rating – PG) What is life? Life is complicated. It is the experience of humanity, … Read more
- Teacup Story – A tree with lush green leavesA tree with lush green leaves – (Rating: PG, Genre: General, Universe: The Diary of Casey Macford) – A diary was a place to think about … Read more
- Teacup Story – DoorsDoors – (Genre – General, Genre – free writing, Rating – PG)Doors are strange things. They separate rooms, houses, places. They represent where you cannot go, … Read more
- Teacup Story – BruiseBruise – (Genre – General, Genre – Free writing, Rating – PG, Universe – Diary of Casey Macford) The bruise makes a curious dark pattern across … Read more
- Teacup Story – TryWho can know what is right? (Genre – General, Genre – Free writing) Will it be right? Who knows. But I want to know. You … Read more
- Teacup Story – Dancing FreeLetya loved to dance. She could just feel the thrum of the music moving through her veins as she swayed in time to the beat. … Read more