Neura looked up at the grey sky above her porch.
There were a few drops of rain, splashing on the path that led out to the main street. Big, heavy raindrops that slapped the path when they connected with the earth, leaving a wet footprint on the smooth black tile.
They needed this, the rain. The farms were dry out the corners of the village. The lake was almost dry. If they were to get through the next season, the needed rain.
Neura breathed in the wet, fresh air.
There is hope now, she thought. All thanks to the rain.
- Teacup story – Lost for wordsTeacup story – a story short enough to fit into a teacup. Lost for words (Rating: PG, Genre: General, Genre: Fantasy) – Penny used words … More Teacup story – Lost for words
- Short Story – Killing FieldsKilling Fields (Rating: 15, Genre – Horror, Genre – Fantasy, Genre – Sci Fi) – (1004 words) – Petris walked into the Killing Fields with the hope … More Short Story – Killing Fields
- Teacup Story – Future (Tales of the Dragon Universe)Teacup story – a story short enough to fit into a teacup. Future – Veli carried her kingdom’s last hope in her satchel, the small … More Teacup Story – Future (Tales of the Dragon Universe)
- Teacup story – Breakfast at the BakeryTeacup story – a story short enough to fit into a teacup. Breakfast at the Bakery – Emi went to Mistress Ijo’s bakery in the hope of … More Teacup story – Breakfast at the Bakery
- Teacup story – PityPity – Tabatha pitied the Powereds. After all, they were all going to die. (Genre – General, Genre – Fantasy, Genre – Adventure, Rating – 12, Universe … More Teacup story – Pity
- Teacup story – Contemplation and Plans – (Tales of the Dragon Universe)Contemplation and Plans – Opeal decided the best way to deal with the news that Veli’s plan had failed was to go to the pub … More Teacup story – Contemplation and Plans – (Tales of the Dragon Universe)